Turning 30

Turning 30 is..........

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Priscilla Parsley

Yesterday I was on a research trip and I was wandering round Liberty's I saw some nice ribbon and I though, "ah cute.....im too old for Ribbon", there are a lot of things im too old for but I still like.. Lady soverign, Dizee Rascal, badges, judging people, running on the spot on the dancefloor, however I seem to be having the time of my life so I can't decide if being the big 30 is a good thing or not, so I thought I ask folk about what they thought when they turned 30. since im doing now't else but must tidy up before Elvis gets in.

beancounter

I can't remember.

bc

snakehips

beancounter said:
I can't remember.

Neither can I , given that I was about 30 when Elvis 'left the building'

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

johnnyh

Veteran
I remember driving back from a meeting in the Midlands on my 30th, realising I was 30 and calling a mate to go to the pub that evening... I then remember staring at various pints and wondering how I actually survived that long! ;)

In short, it's the natural order of things and life is what you make it whatever the age... Get over it! :laugh:

AdamBlade

I turned 31 in December and to be honest, I didn't notice anything different when I turned 30, other than my parents expected me to act more responsibly!! With 2 kids I've acted responsibily for years ;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I had a bit of a mid-life crisis when I turned 30 as I felt I should now finally be 'grown up' and didn't feel quite up to that. It was all really stupid as the last 7 years have been the best so far! It's good being older, you appreciate things more somehow...

beancounter

Auntie Helen said:
I had a bit of a mid-life crisis when I turned 30

Me too.....18 years ago.......another couple of years and I should be through it..........

bc

tyred

Legendary Member
I'll be thirty in a few months time. I don't give a shoot to be honest. It's just a number and nothing different will happen. If there is something I'm able to do at 29, then I'm sure I'll still be able to do it when I'm 30.

I'm the big 30 this year and can't say I'm really that bothered - the only real change over the last few years is that I like going to a quiet pub for a beer rather than going out on the town. Mrs Andylaw is expecting our first child in a couple of weeks and I expect that to be more life affirming than my age.

andylaw79 said:
Mrs Andylaw is expecting our first child in a couple of weeks and I expect that to be more life affirming than my age.

I think 'life changing' was the phrase you were looking for! ;):biggrin:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Cruising up to my 40th makes turning 30 look very attractive.

Age is nothing but a number so get over it. ;) It's my mantra at the moment, not sure it's working too well.

Top Bottom