TV coverage of the tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Can anyone tell me if and where I can watch the tour this year on TV? I'm sure channel 4 did highlights last year - are they doing this again? We don't have satellite although we do have digibox.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
ITV4 Cathryn - some coverage online too.

TV Schedule is in the sidebar on the site;
http://www.itv.com/Sport/tourdefrance/default.html

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I am hoping to tape it all on Eurosport via my Sky+ box, then tranfer it all to DVD. If it's a success I'll let you know, you can have copies of the DVD's, just send me some blanks.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Most of the ITV coverage is in highlights in 3 slots. 12:00-13:00, 19:00-20:00 and a late slot with a varying start time between about midnight and 01:10 for an hour. The first two days ITV4 has 2hr+ live sessions starting at 14:30 and 14:00 Sat and Sunday.

British Eurosport has it on for hours pretty much everyday.

Eurosport UK is on eutelsat 16 degrees east and 2 of the astra satellites in different incarnations on 19 east. I think the digital feed is in german though.

mondobongo

Über Member
If I remember rightly ITV4 were doing a long programme Sat and Sun and then a half hour programme daily during the week last year, looks like they are going for the same this year.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I read somewhere (BR perhaps) from an ITV producer that ITV4 will have the race on interactive too.

marinyork

mondobongo said:
If I remember rightly ITV4 were doing a long programme Sat and Sun and then a half hour programme daily during the week last year, looks like they are going for the same this year.

That's not what digiguide says till the 19th of July for provisional listings. Opening weekend 2hrs+ live and 3x1hr slots daily at around midday, prime time and after midnight.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Here is the bit I lifted from Bike Radar

Ok in the interests of full disclosure I'm one of the Producers of ITV4's Tour coverage. This year in addition to the daily highlights programme there will also be live coverage avaiable on the Red Button. Simply select ITV4 & press the Red Button. This service will be available on weekdays only. ITV4 will have live coverage at weekends.

We're continuing with the podcast. This year Chris Boardman is busy helping to prepare the Olympic squad and can only join us at weekends. On weekdays the American former Tour rider Bob Roll will join Matt Rendell on the podcast.

ITV4 will also be showing nightly highlights of the Tour of Ireland in late August, Gary Imlach, will present & Liggett & Sherwen will commentate.

There'll also be nightly highlights of the Tour of Britain in early September

marinyork

rich p said:
Here is the bit I lifted from Bike Radar

Ok in the interests of full disclosure I'm one of the Producers of ITV4's Tour coverage. This year in addition to the daily highlights programme there will also be live coverage avaiable on the Red Button. Simply select ITV4 & press the Red Button. This service will be available on weekdays only. ITV4 will have live coverage at weekends.

We're continuing with the podcast. This year Chris Boardman is busy helping to prepare the Olympic squad and can only join us at weekends. On weekdays the American former Tour rider Bob Roll will join Matt Rendell on the podcast.

ITV4 will also be showing nightly highlights of the Tour of Ireland in late August, Gary Imlach, will present & Liggett & Sherwen will commentate.

There'll also be nightly highlights of the Tour of Britain in early September

I hope that is the case for freeview. ITV has has interactive streams and space on satellite but it doesn't have lavish interactive bandwidth that the beeb has on freeview. Still if they say so I guess it must be so. So that's good.

P.S. if anyone has cable and wants to watch it, the stream has appeared on cable.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well...I've booked telly time for the next 3 weeks - starts tomorrow 7-9 for the preview - the kids can bugger off...actually they will probably watch it as they were glued to the track champs....although that's fairly short !!

Top Bottom