Twas a bit windy today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I had a head wind for my entire 12 mile cycle this morning, my legs are cooked!! I had to get out of the saddle at times just to keep moving.

I am now expecting a tail wind the entire way home tonight, but sods laws suggests the wind direction will turn 180 degrees by 6pm tonight!

Did everyone else suffer too?

oxred81

YEP!

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I was travelling West to East so had a tailwind all the way.

I peaked at 36.7mph on a flat with my rigid MTB in slicks.

mgarl10024

Über Member
I had to get out of the saddle at times just to keep moving.
<snip>
Did everyone else suffer too?

Yeah. Was a bit of a struggle today. I was fighting it most of the way into work, and like you had to get out of the saddle a few times. Struggled to keep above 12mph on the flat.

Chrismawa

Über Member
Yeah! Had a headwind most of the way to work and its uphill in most places!

I almost got hit by a temporary metal fence that began to collapse due to the wind, and then after this when cycling up a steep street I got a sudden cross wind that nearly threw me into a parked car!

Eventful morning, lol.

According to BBC weather the wind is going to be this strong all day :sad:

400bhp

Guru
Well that was easy :whistle: Tail wind most of the way. Didn't break sweat and recorded my fastest commute since I bought my Garmin in Oct 2010.

I might get the tram home :whistle:

twozeronine

Twas! It makes me feel a bit better when I fly past people who are struggling along on knobbly tyres though.
biggrin.gif

Like you say, I hope the wind will be favourable on the way home. When I have a tail wind, I always wonder if people in their cars think I'm superman, or whether they realise I'm just wind-assisted.
laugh.gif

Brommie77

Had a headwind with some odd side gusts, which are the worst as you cant compensate for them. Also the Brompton bag on the front acts like a sail in strong winds - so double negative effect. Still all good for the training programme ;)

suecsi

Crosswinds were strong enough that when I parked the Brompton outside the office and got my keys out to open the door as I was the first person there - heard a clunk and the Brompton had blown over :sad:- the weight of the front bag I think, though, because of the width of the bag, the coffee cup in the right hand rear pocket took most of the impact.

Attachments

• IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom