Two new annoyances

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Annoyance #1

Leaving straw hats on parcel shelves: Increasing numbers of drivers are doing this, presumably to let following drivers/ their neighbours etc. know that their daughter goes to an expensive school.

Annoyance#2

OK, this wasn't really a commuting annoyance. But it could be.

Yesterday I was out training (I'm still sort of embarrased to call it training, but that was the purpose of it), trying to get into a nice rhythm, like for a 25 mile TT. Trying to let the mind go blank and just focus on pedalling, as I do.

Then, from somewhere in the back of my mind came..

“Do the Huclebuck,
Do the hucklebuck”.

I think “NOOOOO!” try to blank it out.

Then a pause, it’s almost as if I’m taunting myself- it’s just that sort of length.

“if you don’t know how to do it
Then yr’ out of luck”

And I don’t know any other words (and I was aware of this right from the first line)

So its back to the start. And always with that pause in it.

I did get it under control eventually. But where do they come from? I haven't heard it (thank christ) in years. I mean, since I was a kid. Not just a couple of years or something.

This morning I had “I wanna be sedated”. Which you might think is better. It isn’t.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Annoyance no. 1 says more about you and your character than anything else, IMO!! :blush:

515mm

Palinurus - you poor bastard! I know exactly how you feel. I had 'Jailhouse Rock' on my "Swedeman" the other morning.

To the point where I had to sing it at full volume to get rid of it.

Not terminally embarrassing - I was on a bypass with the 60mph traffic at the time........(doing 25 m'self!)

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
My inner jukebox has a tendency to serve up BJ, Duran Duran and Spandau.....honey ah don't know where I'm going. lord knows where ah've been...:blush:;). Sometimes I get something like Johnny Cash singing 'Hurt' though (VG for steep climbs....)

yenrod

Oh yeah Paul' i regularly sing (in the mind) how the lives going - usually, there is a tune that simply comes to mind if I aint got the mp3 player or radio which is hardly never as I have the mobile / music on all the time EVEN in work :ohmy:

:blush:

73inch

palinurus said:
Then, from somewhere in the back of my mind came..

“Do the Huclebuck,
Do the hucklebuck”.

I think “NOOOOO!” try to blank it out.

Then a pause, it’s almost as if I’m taunting myself- it’s just that sort of length.

“if you don’t know how to do it
Then yr’ out of luck”

And I don’t know any other words (and I was aware of this right from the first line)

"A little bit of that, a little bit of this,
if you don't know how to do it, ask my little sis"

I have similar difficulties. For some reason when I am heading south around the Elephant and Castle roundabout "Uptown Girl" pops into my head, and when I ride up up Battersea Rise its "Boomshakalak" by Apache Indian. I am still inventing words which describe how much I hate these two songs.

Beethoven's Fifth Piano Concerto. All the time, everywhere.

515mm

"Mr Boombastic" by Shaggy on the start of this morning's ride - I was feeling very pleased with myself - I've put a new chain on (the bike before you ask) and it feels sooooooo dreamy smooth. #sigh# It feels just like it did when it was new......

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Pulp's "Disco 2000". Not too bad for me, but probably a bit unnerving for the pedestrians suddenly hearing "Let's all meet up in the year 2000" out of nowhere.

ChrisKH

Guru
Punk seems to figure quite highly on my 'zone out' charts. 'Ever fallen in love' by the Buzzcocks for example.

Or something long and pretentious like 'Suppers Ready'. I do tend to fall off during the drum solos though.

Top Bottom