Type of survey err...survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm planning on setting up an on-line survey regarding cycling events (what people have done, would like to see, facilities they'd like etc.). It would be used as part of a commercial viability assessment of a business idea.
The question is, would you be more likely to complete the survey if;

A. None of your details were required, completely anonymous apart from a general geographic area & 10 year age range.

B. E.Mail contact required with prize draw, say £100 Wiggle voucher with an undertaking not to pass details on to third parties.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
£100 voucher.... have I won? :ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I prefer A. I'm quite happy to tell the survey where I live down to district level. It doesn't need any more personal details though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Can't you do both? We did a Velo Vision reader survey and there was a prize draw, you had to leave a contact if you wanted to enter, otherwise you could be anonymous. The online survey companies usually allow you have questions that are not compulsory to answer, so you make 'email' one of them.

I'd be happy to leave an email if I wanted the prize, or happy to answer anonymously.

OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Will probably go for the leave contact; in draw/don't leave contact; not in draw option and an opt in 'do you wish to receive details of the resulting event/s' (if it gets that far). It will be made clear that the survey is for commercial purposes but info. will only be used as part of one specific business planning exercise and will not be passed to third parties. Does that sound ok?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yes, that sounds fine.

As I said, we did a reader survey, and all the questions were optional, including the 'income bracket' one, and we said so at the start - we still had someone leave that one blank with a tetchy "This is private" comment..:evil:

Top Bottom