tyre levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R600

Über Member
can anyone recomend a set of tyre levers. i have a set of park levers which i think are rubbish and a set of zefal levers that i think are great but are old and i can't find them online. just need a good functional set of levers. cheers

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Use good old fashioned steel levers
Watch out for the cheapest ones with sharp edges or burrs, and it's best to have a bit of a curve at the business end.

With reasonable levers, there is not really any likelihood of rim damage - I've not damaged mine in 20 years of steel lever use.

All the plastic levers I've tried have bent, broke, or were too thick, making tight tyres even harder to remove

YahudaMoon

Über Member
The best ones are the Michellin ones. Near impossible to break and get hold of
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_5A1Hdia4ZN0pd0tLv74nNZxm9RM8nmYziXcnVuIIePNfRsvlqQ.jpg

MITOTNN3L_large.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_5A1Hdia4ZN0pd0tLv74nNZxm9RM8nmYziXcnVuIIePNfRsvlqQ.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_5A1Hdia4ZN0pd0tLv74nNZxm9RM8nmYziXcnVuIIePNfRsvlqQ.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 12
  • MITOTNN3L_large.jpg
    MITOTNN3L_large.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 30
After reading the title I though this is an easy one, then I read your post. Never the less, I use these park ones and am very happy with them,
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFdvQnpsBLJkdVQv47ZzKHPQI6lZZozhAArvZLn9ugpKaYYPJyIVDuIDodug.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFdvQnpsBLJkdVQv47ZzKHPQI6lZZozhAArvZLn9ugpKaYYPJyIVDuIDodug.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFdvQnpsBLJkdVQv47ZzKHPQI6lZZozhAArvZLn9ugpKaYYPJyIVDuIDodug.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
R600

R600

Über Member
they look alright are you quite happy with them

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Better than the Wilco ones I bought, the lever end is nice and thin and hooks nicely under the bead.

If they are anything like the Michelin ones Ive had for 4 years then they are fantastic unlike the two sets of Tacx Ive had up ^^^^^^^^ thread that both broke within 12 month ish

Ive tried most of em over the years. All have broken exception for the steel / aluminium ones

Top Bottom