Tyre Pressure.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doug.

Veteran
Hello.
I have just bought my first Hybrid cycle.
Find it more comfortable than my racer.
Please help
What tyre pressure should I use?
The bike is used only on the road.
the tyres are 700x350
I weigh 100 k.g.
Grateful for any help and advise
Thank you
Doug.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hello Doug and welcome to this den of iniquity.

The maximum pressre for your tyres will be inscribed on the sidewall somewhere. Depending on the type of terrain, it is acceptable to use slightly less to aid comfort and grip, but reducing pressure too much will make snake bite p****ures more likely.

My hybrid has 700 x 35 tyres with a maximum pressure of 85 psi and a minimum pressure of 50 psi. I weigh about 72 kilos and run my tyres at about 70 psi.

Hope this helps.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Doug, I have the same setup and run mine at just over the minimum 50psi, just to allow for air escape as I unhook valve. This is only based on the guy that set the bike up for me. So far no problems or punctures but do plan to try different pressures at some point, just out of curiosity.

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
On my Mean Stret hybrid I set the Continental City Grip tyres at 65 front 70 rear. I weigh 83 kg.

Mr. Jaggers

Regular
I have a cyclocross and I am using Ritchey 700 x 35 Excavador. The recommended operating pressure is 75psi. I am guessing this is on the road. How much would you drop it for a scramble in the woods?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:hello:

I too run 700x35c tyres and find around 65psi (approx 4.5 bar) gives a nice balance between speed and comfort. You're a bit heavier than me so perhaps around 70psi (about 4.8 bar) would work for you.

Top Bottom