Tyre problem ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Odd thing i've noticed lately, and again this afternoon after being off the bike for a couple of weeks...the bike feels wierd as i lean slightly to one side or the other...almost like, you know when you have a gyroscope in your hand and tilt it on its axis, you can feel the pull to one side..it kinda feels like that.

Not the headset, thats as free as it should be...no tight cables pulling as i turn the handlebars, wheels are tight and true.

The only thing i keep thinking is have the tyres formed a square profile with use. Difficult to see it visually, i dont really detect anything obvious.

I'm running Conti Gators, but they've never shown a problem with the last 3 sets ive used.

Anything anyone ?

Mr Pig

Sounds like one wheel is not sitting true so that the wheels are not aligned right. What that does is give you two gyroscopes fighting each other!

MajorMantra

Are the tyres at the correct pressure? I once set off and couldn't figure out why the bike felt odd. It accelerated really well but was all wobbly when I cornered. Turned out the rear tube had a slow puncture and had gone down quite a lot.

Matthew

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Thanks for the input all...
Spokes intact, tyres all ok pressure wise, Mr Pigs suggestion re wheel alignment makes sense...i'll check it out now. Maybe just undo them and retighten....see if that makes any difference.

Thanks all...:sad:

peanut

pour some water on the tarmac and walk the bike through the puddle for about 10 feet . You'll soon see if the back wheel is in alignment with the front wheel by checking the tracks.

Top Bottom