Tyre question

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by sleekitcollie, 9 Apr 2010.

1. sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie Well-Known Member

I ride a spez tricross sport 2010 model mostly on road but some pretty bad surfaced roads around my area . Thinking about changing tyres from originals to other more road based ones . Not looking for super speed butt hoping to do some longer 80-100 mile weekend rides friend who does same sort riding but longer / faster runs than me uses conti gator skins . R these the same as conti gator hardcase . The look very simmilar but I'm thinking they r diff tyres . Sorry if this is a daft question but range and choice of tyres becomes confusing . also tyre size on bike just now is 700 x 32 how narrow a tyre could I put on looking at prob 700x 25 or 28
    any help or advice pls thanx

2. km991148

km991148 Well-Known Member

dunno about tyre specifics, but if it came with 700X32 then you should be fine down to 700X25.

If not sure try a 28 this time maybe as sometimes 25 can be quite tight when fitting in a hurry

3. Sheldon does a useful chart on rim width, as km says it looks like you'll be fine with 25s (if you can read the chart Flickr changed it linking system :biggrin:)
    4479563793_f91c7b1732_m.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice