Tyre setup.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joshw

At the moment, I have one very good tyre (Michelin Pro3) and one so-so tyre (Vittoria rubino Pro).

Should I put the Pro3 on the rear or front?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
FRONT

This is not negotiable.
Always put your best tyre on the front. A sudden deflation or similar of a rear tyre is not as hazardous as the front tyre.
Grip on the front tyre is more important than the rear.
Most braking is done through the front wheel/tyre.
Never be tempted to swap front for back to increase longevity.
Buy another PR3 from Parkers...only £22, a bargain, a pair rides really nicely, keep the old Vittoria for emergencies.

Tynan

Veteran
indeed

the front conti ultra gator let itself down very suddenly as I braked hard at the bottom of a hill before a sharp left

lucky to get away with some scrapes and bruises

mind you it's still on there, although I've changed the back to a 23 Lugano

they decent? I fancied the red stripes on them, and they were very reasonable, taking the front off too when I get a change, five flats in rtwo days, I can only assume I rode over something, the tyres are disappointingly cut up after only a four weeks and I echo what others have sadi about them in the wet

DaveM

OMG I,ve been using rubino's for years and never had any problem with them but it looks like I,ve been putting my life in danger, happen I should rush out and buy some overpriced tyres instead:wacko:

Tynan

Veteran
DaveM said:
OMG I,ve been using rubino's for years and never had any problem with them but it looks like I,ve been putting my life in danger, happen I should rush out and buy some overpriced tyres instead:wacko:

who said that?

best wheel on the front is all that's been said

DaveM

Tynan said:
who said that?

best wheel on the front is all that's been said

It is being implied that because the michelin is 3 times more expensive than the rubino that it is 3 times better which is bollocks

OP
OP
J

joshw

Rubino Pros cost £14

Pro3s cost £22...

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We'll agree to differ, I put one on the rear of my best bike while I was waiting for a replacement Tricomp, and I found the ride unbelievably harsh in comparison. Grip was nowhere near as good either.

Tynan

Veteran
it's being implied that it's a better tyre, that's all, you're making the rest up fella

Top Bottom