Tyres winter/summer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Do folk on here run the same tyres all year round or do you switch to something lighter for spring/summer ? In my case much as the marathon pluses are bullet proof they aren`t exactly the fastest tyre on the block, so can see me swapping back to something a bit nippier.

Wolf04

I'm currently using Marathon Racers which are a lot lighter and are so far bullet proof after almost a year, so I think I'll stick with these all year round.;)

My summer bike runs Conti Grand Prix (21mm), my winter bike runs conti 4 seasons (25mm) and my commuter used all year round runs with conti contacts (38mm). So I guess I do use narrower tyres for the summer on road bikes but I don't bother for the commute, its not far enough.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Same tyres all year round, but commuter runs some Vittoria Randonneurs 26 x 1.5 all year round, and Pro race 2's on my other 2 bikes all year.

walker

I've run michelin Krlion Carbons all year round on the commuter, recently just changed them after they'd managed to do around 3k miles last year.

Maz

Guru
Same tyres all year round 23mm Spesh All Cond Pro.
Same bike all year round, too.

Tynan

Veteran
marathons all year round, it still rains in the summer surely?

suppose I'll be on sexy 25s shortly on the new bike and I can start becoming a tyre fetishist

not a winter/summer thing surely?

just that those Marathon Pluses are simply silly and heavy?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm running 25C Stelvios at the moment (loving them too, so much better than the Kendas that came with the bike).

Tempted to try some 23s over the Summer though, maybe Tricomps...

Tynan - to some extent you probably will - I got my Stelvios largely because I wanted a bit more UDE proofness than the Kendas that come fitted to the Giant provide, but over and above that I've been surprised at the difference they make to the "feel" of the bike overall (far, far nicer, imo).

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Wolf04 said:
Unplanned Deflation Event??
The UDE Fairy will still get you;)

Undoubtedly xx( Hopefully less often than with the Kendas though, whose puncture protection consists of a single layer of 2 ply bog roll :biggrin:

Top Bottom