• Suspend the deal

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Amend the deal

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are not sorry, and of course you know fine well you haven't missed anything.

Which is why I said 'many' and not 'all'.

Given that the Irish question has baffled, bemused, and beaten every Prime Minister since Gladstone, I'm not expecting a solution anytime soon.

Others may be more optimistic.
Actually, I am sorry. Beyond sorry, in fact.
I'm well aware of the human cost, the frustration, the betrayal being felt by people of all traditions and none on the island.

It is shocking to me to see someone so callously toss aside groups of people on the basis that it's been a problem for centuries.

If at least there was some clearly defined end goal I could understand the attitude (but would still find it incredibly selfish).
But Brexit means Brexit.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It is shocking to me to see someone so callously toss aside groups of people on the basis that it's been a problem for centuries.
Mega twist of the day.

Reducing expected deliveries from 120 million to 31 million doses is extreme to say the least.
No, it's really not.

Am entirely novel product delivered on an unprecedented scale being 3 months behind schedule is actually really very good indeed.

Compare to Novavax, just for instance.

I have to say though I am getting fed up with British pride about this
I can empathise.

It looks as though the EU vaccination rate may well overtake the UK in the next few days, and overall you're no more than a few weeks behind, so the whole vaccine race nationalist bollix should be over soon. Thankfully.

GetFatty

You are not sorry, and of course you know fine well you haven't missed anything.

Which is why I said 'many' and not 'all'.

Given that the Irish question has baffled, bemused, and beaten every Prime Minister since Gladstone, I'm not expecting a solution anytime soon.

Others may be more optimistic.

Paley is not saying the food export reduction does not exist.

But at the risk of losing another jam sandwich, I predict that's another economic indicator which will head in the recovery direction.

If it doesn't, it will become the new normal and British business will adapt to it, just as it always does.

As will European business on the other side, but I'm not so bothered about them.
So the new “normal” and we’ll “adapt“. Both undoubtedly true but we didn’t need to do this and have gained nothing in return

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
The sovereignty argument is a load of Dingo's kidneys. UKIP under Farage blatantly lied made up a figure that 75% of our law was from Brussels. The Tory tabloids, owned by tax dodging billionaires published tons of cr*p about the EU over 30 years so it poisoned the minds of the great unwashed who fell for it hook, line & sinker. The elderly of this land voted to leave because they foolishly wanted to try and turn the clock back to mythical days of their youth. As Vince cable put it, they shafted the young.

So now we're out of the club, some Brexit-loons are moaning the EU aren't being fair. Why should they?. We've left. To use the analogy of the golf club, the born-to-rule arrogant Tories liked using the facilities, but didn't like signing up to the rules,communally decided, or paying for it. Now we've left, they want the club to change its rules. They are under no moral or legal obligation to do that.

Brexit may well break up the UK, Tory press has now initiated 'Project Fear' on Scottish independence. Covid is really masking everything currently slowly but surely going wrong with Brexit. This is what happens when you vote an ex-Sun journalist who's a serial liar to be PM.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The sovereignty argument is a load of Dingo's kidneys. UKIP under Farage blatantly lied made up a figure that 75% of our law was from Brussels. The Tory tabloids, owned by tax dodging billionaires published tons of cr*p about the EU over 30 years so it poisoned the minds of the great unwashed who fell for it hook, line & sinker. The elderly of this land voted to leave because they foolishly wanted to try and turn the clock back to mythical days of their youth. As Vince cable put it, they shafted the young.

So now we're out of the club, some Brexit-loons are moaning the EU aren't being fair. Why should they?. We've left. To use the analogy of the golf club, the born-to-rule arrogant Tories liked using the facilities, but didn't like signing up to the rules,communally decided, or paying for it. Now we've left, they want the club to change its rules. They are under no moral or legal obligation to do that.

Brexit may well break up the UK, Tory press has now initiated 'Project Fear' on Scottish independence. Covid is really masking everything currently slowly but surely going wrong with Brexit. This is what happens when you vote an ex-Sun journalist who's a serial liar to be PM.
Four!

Just because we've left the club, it doesn't mean we should not use our best efforts to get good terms when we return to play as a day member.

More interestingly my older brother is the only person I know who has actually been 'blackballed', or at least admits to it.

It was by the membership committee of a golf club who clearly thought a lot of themselves.

Brother wasn't too fussed, as a new member, all they were offering was the chance to play when no one else wanted to, something like only on a Tuesday night when it was raining.

Just because we've left the club, it doesn't mean we should not use our best efforts to get good terms when we return to play as a day member.
Well, quite.

So far, we've told them we're going to
(i) Refuse to abide by the day member terms (NI agreement)
(ii) Refuse to talk to the secretary (Ambassador recognition)
(iii) Tell them they're being unreasonable by refusing to let us bring our own packed lunch (shellfish)

Our best efforts don't seem to be very good, or likely to positively influence them so far.

captain nemo1701

Four!

More interestingly my older brother is the only person I know who has actually been 'blackballed', or at least admits to it.

It was by the membership committee of a golf club who clearly thought a lot of themselves.

Brother wasn't too fussed, as a new member, all they were offering was the chance to play when no one else wanted to, something like only on a Tuesday night when it was raining.
Well, threatening to break international law isn't really a good negotiation strategy.

captain nemo1701

Well, quite.

So far, we've told them we're going to
(i) Refuse to abide by the day member terms (NI agreement)
(ii) Refuse to talk to the secretary (Ambassador recognition)
(iii) Tell them they're being unreasonable by refusing to let us bring our own packed lunch (shellfish)

Our best efforts don't seem to be very good, or likely to positively influence them so far.
They've just 'recognised' the EU ambassador, but its just another childish approach from an old Etonian tosser like Johnson.

Top Bottom