UKIP

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by User, 14 Jan 2018.

1. User

User Guest

2. Hitchington

Hitchington Lovely stuff

Scratch the Ukip scab a little and out oozes the toxic racist pus. No wonder they love Trump so much.

Fab Foodie, raleighnut and User231 like this.
  3. Markymark

Markymark Guest

To be fair I’d expect a party who got 4m votes in an election with members running into the thousands to have a spectrum of views.

david k and DP like this.
  4. Markymark

Markymark Guest

39000 would get an array of opinions.

5. Ian H

Ian H I am an ancient randonneur, & I stop often for tea

Are young female nazis seriously under-represented?

6. Ian H

Ian H I am an ancient randonneur, & I stop often for tea

Ah. I suppose younger fascists join the more 'esoteric' groups.

raleighnut likes this.
  7. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

It is an unpaid role and the new guy isn’t an MEP so he has remortgaged his house to be leader.

8. winjim

winjim Iron pony

I think it ought to be front page news when any political party with elected representatives in the British parliament changes their leader.

Beebo and User1252 like this.
  9. meta lon

meta lon Guru

I think it was featured on the cover of Knave

10. meta lon

meta lon Guru

11. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Oh well he has dumped his girlfriend at the alter of UKIP high office.
    I hope his wife doesnt let him come crawling back.

12. Unkraut

Unkraut Master of the Inane Comment

Following the allegations of racist comments, the party suspended her pending an investigation. The leader has now split up from her, saying "It is against the constitution for the party to be racist in any way." http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-42686932

This could of course be window-dressing, and image over content is not confined to UKIP but all too common amongst politicians, but it might also mean a blanket condemnation of all UKIP members and/or those who voted for the party are inherently racist is wrong. Isn't the 'pale, stale' attack on UKIP likely to be seen by members or supporters as a mirror image of 'young and black' racism of Jo Marney?

In the unlikely event of a second referendum on the Brexit deal, this kind of attack on UKIP could backfire again and cause a rise in support for leaving not based on the merits of leaving or staying in any deal but a reaction against personal vindictiveness against those in this particular constituency who wish to leave the EU. It would be another case of not learning from history.

13. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

[QUOTE 5116521, member: 45"]

Alternatively, it's indisputable that he knew what she was like, and he accepted it. She didn't do something as populist as complaining about immigration, she believes that introducing non-white DNA into a family is "tainting" it.[/QUOTE]
    To be fair I think ‘tainting’ is a typo, clearly she meant ‘tinting’....

14. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

[QUOTE 5116521, member: 45"]Alternatively, it's indisputable that he knew what she was like, and he accepted it. She didn't do something as populist as complaining about immigration, she believes that introducing non-white DNA into a family is "tainting" it. Given the Chuckle Brothers view of the harmless but fun UKIP that nigel created, I don't think that many realise the serious implications of her belief.[/QUOTE]
    But Royalists do so like to witter on about blood lines, and purity, and similar shoot.

User45 likes this.
  15. theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice