UK's fastest 100mile TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anthony.R.Brown

Woman’s record on a recumbent bike is 2 hours 48. Average 35.5 mph. Men’s record 2 hours 33, average 39.1 mph.

Good point to show what can happen at the extreme! :smile: it's lucky the recumbent bike is such an obvious type of bike & position,otherwise people would have got away with using it in normal TT's :sad:
As I have shown in my other thread below that the Time Trialling Records Rules have to change...

Change The Time Trialling Records Rules - Because of the 7 km+ / 8 minute+ Advantage!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/c...ecause-of-the-7-km-8-minute-advantage.272853/

A.R.B

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Good point to show what can happen at the extreme! :smile: it's lucky the recumbent bike is such an obvious type of bike & position,otherwise people would have got away with using it in normal TT's :sad:
As I have shown in my other thread below that the Time Trialling Records Rules have to change...

Change The Time Trialling Records Rules - Because of the 7 km+ / 8 minute+ Advantage!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/c...ecause-of-the-7-km-8-minute-advantage.272853/

A.R.B

That’s not even the extreme these days. Those records are over 11 years old. Faster times are possible but they aren’t attempted very often.

Anthony.R.Brown

That’s not even the extreme these days. Those records are over 11 years old. Faster times are possible but they aren’t attempted very often.

Why do you think that is ? is it just possible that they have a Guilty conscience ?

I would love to see the day when a rider can turn up at a TT riding any bike that he has a chance of winning! and I am talking about Penny farthings and any old school bikes! and what I mean by that is a (MTAF) score in minutes at the side of their name, that has to be deducted from the finish time they do!
Nowadays it's almost like the rider with the most expensive Aerodynamic bike is going to win! :sad:

A.R.B

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Why do you think that is ? is it just possible that they have a Guilty conscience ?

I would love to see the day when a rider can turn up at a TT riding any bike that he has a chance of winning! and I am talking about Penny farthings and any old school bikes! and what I mean by that is a (MTAF) score in minutes at the side of their name, that has to be deducted from the finish time they do!
Nowadays it's almost like the rider with the most expensive Aerodynamic bike is going to win! :sad:

A.R.B

Was always thus.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You have a thing about the bikes, but where do you stand on the question of TT riders effectively drafting trucks on busy dual carriageways?

You could have somebody riding a 50 year old bike but going faster than a similar rider would have done 50 years ago because the roads are so much busier now.

You have a thing about the bikes, but where do you stand on the question of TT riders effectively drafting trucks on busy dual carriageways?

You could have somebody riding a 50 year old bike but going faster than a similar rider would have done 50 years ago because the roads are so much busier now.
The problem driving all this is the UK obsession with TIMES instead of racing.
How many people remember Pog's time at the critical TT of 2020?
Vs
How many remember Lemonds winning margin over Fignon??

classic33

Leg End Member

A.R.BB
Failed to break the record set in 1886 though.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-44494577

Anthony.R.Brown

There will always be too many variables with Road TT's until there are strict clear rules,so that everyone uses the same type of bike in the same conditions! and is my reason for liking the Hour Track Record so much! :smile:
Just like they have done with Table Tennis,they have a version called Ping Pong where everyone has to use the same type of Racket! no more extra Spin,Speed,Lightness,etc. for one player that can afford the latest best Racket! if you can't play well in Ping Pong then you ain't gonna win! :smile:

A.R.B

classic33

Leg End Member
There will always be too many variables with Road TT's until there are strict clear rules,so that everyone uses the same type of bike in the same conditions! and is my reason for liking the Hour Track Record so much! :smile:
Just like they have done with Table Tennis,they have a version called Ping Pong where everyone has to use the same type of Racket! no more extra Spin,Speed,Lightness,etc. for one player that can afford the latest best Racket! if you can't play well in Ping Pong then you ain't gonna win! :smile:

A.R.B
Same game, but renamed table tennis, due to copyright issues over the name Ping Pong in competition usage.

Paddles not rackets.

Anthony.R.Brown

Same game, but renamed table tennis, due to copyright issues over the name Ping Pong in competition usage.

Paddles not rackets.

Let's Stick with the official ITTF term is "racket".[1]

A basic table tennis paddle (also known as a "racket", "club", or "bat") is used by table tennis players. The table tennis paddle is usually made from laminated wood covered with rubber on one or two sides depending on the player's grip. Unlike a conventional "racket", it does not include strings strung across an open frame. The USA generally uses the term "paddle" while Europeans and Asians use the term "bat" and the official ITTF term is "racket".[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_racket

A.R.B

Top Bottom