um...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
...people in the house next door seem to be having the most screaming row... I'm sort of cringing waiting for the plate smashing noises....

"Neighbours, everybody needs good Neighbours...With a little understanding" etc ad nauseam

Are you Home and or Away Arch?

Our neighbours do that. And when they do the three dogs and the baby that they have all join in as well. When they're not rowing they're hoovering at unsociable hours. In any case when they do so we turn up the sub woofer and let'em have it with some proper 1990s D&B.

Arch, turn up that stereo!

Maz

Guru
What's the row about, Arch? It's half-term so my guess is it's kids-related.

BTW, Does anyone know if the 'glass cup placed on the wall' trick to eavesdrop on next-doors, actually works or is it an urban myth?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Away, sort of, at my friend's house across town from me. Last time I heard a row like this, it was at the flat, and the guy ended up throwing the girl's sewing machine out of the window. Two floors up.

It's gone a bit quiet. That's almost more worrying...

Maz said:
What's the row about, Arch? It's half-term so my guess is it's kids-related.

BTW, Does anyone know if the 'glass cup placed on the wall' trick to eavesdrop on next-doors, actually works or is it an urban myth?

It actually works.
The reason I know this is that last year, on one of our cycle tours, there was someone in the same B&B as us who snored like a - well - we thought he sounded like one of those randy elephants you get on wildlife programmes. We could hear him through the wall. Just to check on the actual volume we got a glass and put it against the wall. It was shockingly loud.

Works Maz - I am holding a glass up to Arch's avatar - and you're right - it is kids related..!;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I can't hear actual words, just bellowing and shrieking from him and her respectively. It has gone a bit quiet now, and I think I can still hear two people talking...

I think they have a toddler or baby that side, not older kids...

As long as they haven't killed each other...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Arch said:
Last time I heard a row like this, it was at the flat, and the guy ended up throwing the girl's sewing machine out of the window. Two floors up.

I'd be dead if I did that ! My missus' machines are worth a fair bit, and she has 4 of them......

Shame you can't tell what it is about ! ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
I'd be dead if I did that ! My missus' machines are worth a fair bit, and she has 4 of them......

It wasn't just a sewing machine. There was another... device... as well.

Neither survived the drop well. And if anyone had been coming out of the archway below, they'd have been dead.

It's quiet now. I can hear movement, but nothing else..

Top Bottom