Underground question for the london guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marooncat

Quick question...

Does the underground run "as normal" on New Years Day? We are thinking of flying down (for a few football games) on the 1st and back up on the 3rd but I am a bit worried we will find the underground is not running.

I can not find the answer to this online, lots of info on the TFL website for hogmanay but nothing for New Years Day itself.

davidg

Sat or Sun service on NYD...

just Xmas day when it is out of action

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Public holidays normally run to a Sunday timetable...

Check the website for any specific closures though, they often do major works over such holidays

OP
OP
M

marooncat

davidg said:
journey planner is your friend....it is saying that info regarding NYD will be available mid Dec...

Aye been on there but we are looking to book the flights sooner than then and just wanted to double check..

Will keep an eye out for line closures nearer the time but I was just worried there was going to be no service at all!!

Another question, can I use an Oyster card on the line between [FONT=&quot]Hayes & Harrington ([/FONT]in zone 6[FONT=&quot]) [/FONT]and Paddington, it is a "overline train" (line goes to Slough) but I can not work out from the TFL website is that is classified as a National Rail line (ie can not use Oyster as we will be doing this journey on the 1st) or a London Overground line which means we can use the Oyster Card.

davidg

I am pretty sure you can use the oyster, but am just lookig up to check...

you can use it between Ealing and Paddington, but I just dont know about Hayes...

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
How about jumping on a sleeper train with your bikes? :becool:

Top Bottom