Undertaking on a roundabout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My first noteworthy incident since getting the new camera (the microphone has died for some reason, but docamsport are willing to exchange it for me).

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=APiRzFsyC9w

(Best viewed on high quality setting - once it is available).

This taxi was behind me on entering the roundabout, and decided that 10 seconds of his time was more important than my safety. Had I pulled out into that lane (as the roadmarkings suggest, but is not a good idea on a bike) he'd have had me off.

Just plain bad, aggressive driving. With the new camera I was able to make out the plate number 4566, which I would not have been able to make out with the Archos helmet camera.

No point in reporting it of course!:smile:

Cab

magnatom said:
No point in reporting it of course!;)

Go on, give it a bash anyway. Sometimes works.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cab said:
Go on, give it a bash anyway. Sometimes works.

Nah. I'm just about to stop for two weeks holiday, so I'm not in the mood for being grumpy. Too much beer to be consumed.....;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

jezhiggins said:
Is it my imagination, or you getting quicker?
:ohmy:

No it is a trick of the camera. The new camera has a wider field of view than the archos camera had (new one is 82 degrees I think) and this makes it look faster. I'd like to think it is a better illustration of my speed :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Is it me or do you look like your really close to the back of the car infront when you pull up?
Now this isnt really safe, think how intimidating it is aswell! You are taller then the car, and them just seeing you up close to them in their mirror must be intimidating to them. I think you should sit further back.

;) :ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Joe24 said:
Is it me or do you look like your really close to the back of the car infront when you pull up?
Now this isnt really safe, think how intimidating it is aswell! You are taller then the car, and them just seeing you up close to them in their mirror must be intimidating to them. I think you should sit further back.

;) :blush:
e

Youngsters these days...grumble, grumble....:ohmy:

Top Bottom