Unpleasant Smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Coming from next door :smile:

Every Sunday she cooks cabbage furiously and for a very long time with the back door open. It's wafting over and putting me off my fettling. Need noseplugs I think.

The other side kept me awake till gone 4 this morning with an everlasting row that was just quiet enough to be unintelligible but loud enough to disturb my sleep. I should have gone round and asked them to turn the noise up so at least I'd find out what they were rowing about.

Other than that they're good neighbours :smile:

nigelnorris

Earplugs are the answer. Block out the arguments at night and you can stick them up your hooter when the cabbage is on.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
No she's an elderly Irish lady - very good neighbour in all other respects, provided you've got at least half an hour to get a word in edgeways. It might be the same cabbage she heats up each week as it smells so bad.

The fettling went well though :smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Has she got two rows of cabbage in her garden

a dual cabbage way :smile:

too warm for a coat!

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
It's not that sort of smell.

The others do like a row, strong drink may be involved.

Brains

Legendary Member
I think you need to make her a present of a jar of "Kim-chi" (Korean Pickled Cabbage)
Tell her you have recently acquired the taste, and next time she makes cabbage, so will you.

Yours will wake up the neighborhood. Think Cabbage tasting of August roadkill Stoat with Herring in a Vindaloo sauce.

As for the late night arguments, ear plugs and stick on a "Per Ubu" album at full blast. Obviously the argument is better acoustically, but Per Ubu, being the worst band in the world ever, should stop most arguments by their shear awfulness

I love cabbage! Delicious, finely shredded in a stir-fry with sliced onion, caraway and a dash of vinegar :eek:. If she's cooking cabbage odoriferously, she must be doing something terribly terribly wrong and you ought to notify the RSPCC. Or maybe it's school cabbage 1960s style...:smile:

Top Bottom