Upgrading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BC BOOTLE

VIKING ROAD CLUB LIVERPOOL
I've bought a Viking Roma for its lightish weight,converted to flat bar by lbs due to my bad back,schwalbe marathon plus's,new shimano shifters,recently purchased Ultegra callipers and front and rear derailler and shimano spd.........being not to bad with the spanners obviously the pedals are not a problem.... wondering whether to do the upgrade brakes and derailleurs myself,,,,just the fine tuning I'm unsure about...its more the wanting to have a go than being tight,its not cheap stuff,don't want to mess it up,,,yes I know,,support your lbs,,believe me,,I have

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I would go for it. There are loads of " tutorials" on YouTube, plus a book like Zinn, and the art of road bike maintenance will get you through. It is immensely satisfying to do it yourself.

sdr gb

Falling apart
I would go for it. There are loads of " tutorials" on YouTube, plus a book like Zinn, and the art of road bike maintenance will get you through. It is immensely satisfying to do it yourself.
Agreed.
You'll never know if you don't try. Plus, if you learn how to do it yourself, then when you are out on a ride and have a mechanical issue such as keep dropping your chain or a brake block rubbing on the rim, you'll know which bits to twiddle in order to fix it.

If you do struggle, I'm sure the good people on here will be able to provide advice.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yeah, definitely have a go. The sense of achievement is unlimited, and you won't be stuck if you have a roadside mechanical in the future

Top Bottom