Uploading/Posting Photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James D

Hi,

Wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, every time I try and upload photo's stored on my laptop I get the below red cross in a box?

DSC_0379

I also get the same red cross when I try to link to a photo on my Facebook account using the url?

set

I'm sure I'm doing something basic that's wrong but can't see any other options?

Thanks in advance

jim55

Guru
you neet to upload them to photobucket or something(flicker ?)click on the img link under the pic and just paste it into yr msg

simon.r

Person
I use tinypic.

After you've uploaded your photo copy the text in the 'Direct Link for Layouts' box, click on the 'Insert/edit image' icon (the tree) that appears above the new message or reply box, then paste the link into the box that appears.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You are a very new member to Cycle Chat with only a few posts, SO you cannot post pics. Get a higher post count and you will be able to post pics.

Shaun

Founder
There are two different ways to add images to posts:
  • Upload - this is for when the image files are located on your computer. You click the Upload a File button, locate the file on your computer, then select it and the board will upload it, attach it to your post, and offer you the choice of including either a thumbnail or the full image in your post (will be inserted wherever your cursor is currently located).
  • Link - to an imaged based on a web site/service. For this you use the gree tree icon on the editor toolbar, which will popup a box asking for the image URL (the web address for the image). Type/paste in the location of the image and the board will download a copy and insert it into your post.

Hope this helps, but if you get stuck give us another shout. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Boon 51

Veteran
I've just tried to upload some photo's of my new bike and nothing happens but this thread said to some else they needed a better post count.. So how long have I got to wait..

Shaun

Founder
I've just tried to upload some photo's of my new bike and nothing happens but this thread said to some else they needed a better post count.. So how long have I got to wait..

You have sufficient account privileges - are you trying to upload photos from your PC/laptop?

Boon 51

Veteran
Sorry been out all day... yes we are loading from the laptop via Photobucket or Tinypix plus we have resized for forum use..

Shaun

Founder
Sorry been out all day... yes we are loading from the laptop via Photobucket or Tinypix plus we have resized for forum use..

If you're uploading the actual image files from the HDD on your laptop then you need to click the "Upload a File" button to add it to posts.

If the images are hosted on a website somewhere you need the image URL which you then post using the editor icon - the one that looks like tree - just paste the image URL into there and it will be included in your post.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
So when does a newbie qualify to upload images?

You just need to make a few more posts ... ;) ... not too many.

Pop in the Cafe and shoot the breeze a little bit and then you'll find you can upload pics. :thumbsup:

MarkA

Über Member
How many posts do I need before I can upload a picture? I seem to be too new yet and was curious.

Top Bottom