Upper body and Core exercises at home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david1701

Right I have dumbells and the usual furniture available and I want some exercises I can do to improve my upper body strength (and to bulk up a bit in balance).

I do press ups/ sit ups, curls, butterfly curls, these funny chest presses where you lift up the dumbells from your chest (standing) and rotate round and back then bring down.

Any thing else I can do, more thinking muscles than cardio as I get a lot of that from riding.

All help appreciated

Garz

Squat Member
Planks and some ab exercises using a gym ball will be good for your core. A lot of people also use kettlebells as they are a good workout and can offer some variety if you want to take a look at that.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Add lateral raises

Dumbbell row
dumbbell-rows.gif

This might be of interest ..

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDawlrIeaVM[/media]

OP
OP
D

david1701

cheers guys, I do circuit training once a week and have stolen doing planks from there, theres also a kind of backwards plank? I do that too :biggrin:

oooh hardcore lance :tongue:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
hmmmm cyberknight

@ MacB I can imagine my mums face, not good :biggrin:

I will be the 1st to admit although "skinny " i am a bit lumpy for a pure climber so i do like to keep a little bit of definition on the upper body.

You can do exercises with less resistance and more repetitions to define rather than bulk up but i just keep it on max setting ,you can get models that fold under the bed.

I am not this defined now as age and responsibility have caught up with me and my legs have got bigger but this was my upper body in my youth ...

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 51
  • bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom