van owners?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Bit of a random request...but if you don't ask you don't get.

I'm most likely going to have to move all my belongings into a storage place some point next week, in the week if possible.

Does anyone have access to a van and would be willing to drive from my place to the storage unit -it's in South London. My largest item of furniture is a three door wardrobe which is cumbersome.

Have very little funds to pay for a van and man so if anyone is able to help than it would be really, really fantastic as coming to the end of the line with options, I can pay for the cost of hiring a van (depending on how much it came to) or petrol if someone was able to drive and help me move the furniture.

Well it's out there- I've asked...:smile:

PS as a warning - I do have a lot of stuff...

Night Train

Maker of Things
If I were closer I would offer. I have done a few moves for friends either with a hired truck or with my trailer.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Yeah problem is I can't drive (bloody, bloody...grumble grumble - will see though)

I liked the idea of that trailer that was in commuting the other day but even that would be a bit limited for large furniture!

Hang on.hang on what's this Mark? I'd muck in too!

Gromit

Über Member
You could probably get a man and a van for £70. I got one a few years ago to move my stuff. The chap was very helpful.

OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
thanks Colly- sentiment appreciated!

Gromit, if only it was that amount of money I would jump at that! Things that cheap down here are usually very dodgy. The last time I moved it was an obscene amount of money but the man and van are stellar guys. Planning to do the small stuff and boxes in a small van etc and then get the man and van to move the bulky furniture in a Luton as that should reduce the cost overall.

well, that's if he's available...will have to see...!

in fact here is a link for people that need van and man in London

http://www.manandvan.co.uk/index.htm

Noodley

Perhaps if you extended it to a woman and a van...;)

Top Bottom