Vanmoof S3 Negatives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vanmoofy

Regular
The way when cycling along and the gears just abruptly change; so, so annoying :X

I guess this is part of the smart technology which cannot be manually changed...?

richtea

Several reviews suggest you can adjust when the gears change by using the app:
VanMoof S3 review: Dutch design delight | Tom's Guide

Drzdave58

Über Member
The way when cycling along and the gears just abruptly change; so, so annoying :X

I guess this is part of the smart technology which cannot be manually changed...?
Other than that how does the bike perform? Whats the battery range like and how is it on hills?

mustang1

Guru
Never planning to fly then? Pretty much every passenger plane is smart.
I see what you mean but the "smart" nomenclature is applied to consumer electronics where features and profits rule above reliability. I would hope for anything that really matters (airplane flights systems, medical equipment, backbone internet routers, etc), there is nothing "consumer" (and thus "smart") about them.

straas

Matt
I see what you mean but the "smart" nomenclature is applied to consumer electronics where features and profits rule above reliability. I would hope for anything that really matters (airplane flights systems, medical equipment, backbone internet routers, etc), there is nothing "consumer" (and thus "smart") about them.

Like......autopilot?

mustang1

Guru
Like......autopilot?
I think there's a nomenclature confusion here. I know autopilot is smart (little s) but not Smart (big one).

A smart autopilot (let's just call it "autopilot") will just work. But a Smart Autopilot (there's the big S again) could give the captain a "oh crap we're 300 feet from landing and now I've gotta reboot the autopilot computer? - Tower, we're going around, engaging toga).

My beef is the word "Smart".

OP
OP
V

vanmoofy

Regular
Other than that how does the bike perform? Whats the battery range like and how is it on hills?

must say... the bike is very very smooth... i mean, i feel like im floating and gliding at the same time... there was a point around tower hill/embankent area where it was a bit hilly and i forgot i had boost on the bike haha, my legs were so stiff and i didnt know how to change gears, until i used the boost - you can feel that push from your back and youre off - so so amazing!

Drzdave58

Über Member
I had a van moof S3 a few years ago. Great bike! I put a bafang mid drive kit on it..that bike was fast!

Top Bottom