Very close pass...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rather them than me cycling on that road, those Concrete Barriers/ Slots in the Road looks like deathtraps!

What country is that? I presume somewhere in Southeast Asia going by the script on the sign and the fact that they are driving on the left.

Anyway nasty little hill to ride up on a busy road. I'm going to make a couple of assumptions if it is a Southeast Asian country, 1. that the bike ridden is probably quite heavy and old given that the rider wobbles a lot after the overtake and 2. that the bike might have been quite heavily loaded.

I would suggest find an alternative route - you really can't insist on taking primary or whatever going at that speed where the traffic is so busy and there is no escape room.

crumpetman

I am sure have seen that clip on here before, posted in response to someone else's close pass to be used as a comparison.

crumpetman

The video is from youtube user hipponokloo so we know it is MrHippo and it is Thailand. So enough of the mystery, what's this all about?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Actually, no mystery at all. I was just surprised to see this video from someone who is so anti helmet camera cyclists posting incidents.

It looked like a nasty incident, in a horrible location and when I saw it I wondered if cycling a little further out would be safer, especially with the concrete barrier to the left.

To me it just shows that even those who are anti youtube posting cyclists find a use for it.

Oh and I found it a bit funny considering everything he has said to me in the past! :smile:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Actually, no mystery at all. I was just surprised to see this video from someone who is so anti helmet camera cyclists posting incidents.

It looked like a nasty incident, in a horrible location and when I saw it I wondered if cycling a little further out would be safer, especially with the concrete barrier to the left.

To me it just shows that even those who are anti youtube posting cyclists find a use for it.

Oh and I found it a bit funny considering everything he has said to me in the past! :smile:

I would not want to cycle further out on that road - there is a unspoken rule that slower cyclists/mopeds keep to the far left. What's more, I think that road could well have a 120km limit and it's likley not to be less than 90km.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I would not want to cycle further out on that road - there is a unspoken rule that slower cyclists/mopeds keep to the far left. What's more, I think that road could well have a 120km limit and it's likley not to be less than 90km.

Actually, that's a fair point. Things will be different in Thailand, i.e. the rules of the road will be different. If that road were in the UK though, would you ride further out?

Top Bottom