Very excited.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
After a couple of months of deliberation, I decided to take the plunge this afternoon and splash some serious (for me, at least) cash on a better road bike.

Having visited a branch of a local small-chain (no pun intended) bike retailer on Sunday, I actually booked an appointment with them for this afternoon to have a proper fitting and discuss the various choices. So, like a kid at Christmas, I booked a couple of hours off work this afternoon, jumped on my current steed, arriving promptly as arranged at 3 o-clock.

I knew something was up as soon as I walked through the door - and then all became apparent, when I was greeted with, "Oh, sorry, I'm on my own today, so I can't really fit you in!!!". To be fair, it sounds like someone had phoned in sick - but it would have been nice to have got a call to let me know (the guy did even, on reflection, admit that he should have called).

Anyway, I hung around for about 15 minutes to see if he could find the time - but a string of punters buying accessories seemed to get in the way. I know when I'm beat - so I left.

My route home takes me right past a local bike shop with a good reputation. As it happens, they are a Trek dealer - and a Trek 1.5 had been on the shortlist so I popped in. To be honest, I've always imagined that they would be a bit pricey - and that's kind of made me gravitate toward the big 'sheds' etc.

Long story short - even though this guy was also working single-handed, he managed to find the perfect bike, sort the fit and even sorted a slight buckle in the wheel of my current ride for free!!! What's better, he did me a deal that I could not believe on a Trek 2.3 (I bike that I had thought would be out of my price range) - happy, happy, happy!!!

Can't wait to pick the Trek up - got to wait until Monday so don't think I'll sleep all weekend!!!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Excellent that you finally found the service that you deserve! The shops that 'can't fit you in' don't deserve the business!

Show us picks when you pic her up!! Oh.. And wine always helps the whole sleep problem, it IS Christmas after all!

OP
OP
IanT

IanT

Excellent that you finally found the service that you deserve! The shops that 'can't fit you in' don't deserve the business!

Show us picks when you pic her up!! Oh.. And wine always helps the whole sleep problem, it IS Christmas after all!

Ah, yes, think wine may help a little. Pics to follow as soon as she's in the garage.

Cheers,

Ian.

OP
OP
IanT

IanT

Well, finally picked her up - and I'm in love.

Never had a real quality bike before and this just blows me away - could spend hours just looking at the details.

Think I still need to get used to the 105 (not quite as slick as I imagined it would be) and wondering if I should have gone for a triple (but probably just need to MTFU and build the legs).

But......I'm smitten!!!

My New Trek (Small).jpg

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Nice Bike Ian, 105 is pretty smooth normally might just need a tweakl or two, after a while you will love the compact double..

OP
OP
IanT

IanT

Cheers guys. Funnily enough, LOCO, I was in the bike shop this afternoon and he said the same about it needing a slight tweak. But, that aside, I'm deeply in love - find myself just going into the garage and taking in the finer points.

Just need some nice weather now so that I can ride it!!!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Cheers guys. Funnily enough, LOCO, I was in the bike shop this afternoon and he said the same about it needing a slight tweak. But, that aside, I'm deeply in love - find myself just going into the garage and taking in the finer points.

Just need some nice weather now so that I can ride it!!!

Seriously invest in some muc off, a bit of rain and grime will do no harm a bike like that demands to be ridden and enjoyed:thumbsup:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You will often get a better deal at your lbs, i know i did.

Nice bike! Compacts are win, You won't regret leaving the triple the first day you fly up someone else past a hill :smile:

You need to buy a better looking bottle cage for a bike that attractive though ^^

Top Bottom