Video Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adiet13

I am thinking of asking for a helmet/handlebar mounted video camera for xmas. Are there any decent ones out there that dont cost the earth?

cheers adie

What is your definition of costs the earth ?
Or put another way what's your upper limit ?

Tynan

Veteran
the mv80 clones from HK are serviceable and amazing for the money, certainly good as a toe dipper, mine was £13 delivered

the mv80 clones from HK are serviceable and amazing for the money, certainly good as a toe dipper, mine was £13 delivered

I found the push button knock off's from HK and 7dayshop failed. One died completely after few months, the 7ds one has lights working but nothing else (not even the reset button could help) I think the better MD80 cheap camera models have the switch buttons and perform like the muvi vehos, from what I've seen on you tube (the cheap 'push button' camera's also don't do so well in low light.)

I found the push button knock off's from HK and 7dayshop failed. One died completely after few months, the 7ds one has lights working but nothing else (not even the reset button could help) I think the better MD80 cheap camera models have the switch buttons and perform like the muvi vehos, from what I've seen on you tube (the cheap 'push button' camera's also don't do so well in low light.)

I had 3 and none would record anything!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I recently did a post on my blog about helmet cameras, unfortunately 4 of my top 5 where over £200.
But my number one camera was the Veho Muvi, can be picked up for around £60. And a lot of the cyclists with helmet cameras are using these and not the high end cameras.

thomas

the tank engine
I am thinking of asking for a helmet/handlebar mounted video camera for xmas. Are there any decent ones out there that dont cost the earth?

cheers adie

Definitely go for the Muvi micro:

http://www.action-cameras.co.uk/veho-muvi/muvi-micro-camcorder/

It won't break the Christmas bank, and it will offer you fantastic results! I wouldn't waste my time with the knock offs and the really dirt cheap ones.

Just check out my videos! or read my review on the linky above :smile:

Top Bottom