Views on Carbon seatposts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Seems to be lots of good ones about but I know little. I've been looking at FSA and Easton.

I know pros like Ivan Basso ride a K Force Light and the price isnt too bad considering. Theres two versions I have seen, does anyone know why one is angled and the other is not? Prolly a daft question but I seriously dont know... :blush:

What else could I look at? Budget is up to 150 quid max and its for a Kinesis TK2 frame. :tongue:

Chrisz

Über Member
The angled one puts the saddle further back.

Have a look for 'Saso' carbon seatposts. I got one from ebay - cheaper and lighter than many of the big name models, with titanium hardware, looks good and has looked after my bum nicely for over a year and a half (and at 16st I'm not kind on seatposts!).

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Depends what you want it for!

If it's for a road bike, I'd go carbon ... but for a mountain bike, not such a good idea unless you want to risk having the sharp end rammed up your ringer when it breaks!
blush.gif

Easton are the business, I reckon. They make good seatposts.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hahaha!! Xm. thats just evil! :laugh: :tongue:

Nah its a road bike... Cheers Chris, I did wonder but then thought it couldnt be that simple. :blush: I think I'll get the normal FSA one. Looks nice, plus I dont want to be too hunched all the time.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ditto, Easton carbon on my MTB for many years and no problems, nice and light and comfortable.

02GF74

Über Member
search for Merek seatpost on ebay - I ahve one on the mountain bike - not borke it yet and is quite light at 190 g. You can also tighten up the fram without the post wanting to crack/split (common problem with carbon seatposts is slippage; overtightening can/will damage them).

the top end looks flimsy but has held up so far.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
search for Merek seatpost on ebay - I ahve one on the mountain bike - not borke it yet and is quite light at 190 g. You can also tighten up the fram without the post wanting to crack/split (common problem with carbon seatposts is slippage; overtightening can/will damage them).

the top end looks flimsy but has held up so far.

Went with the FSA one in the end, no slippage and has been great. Really absorbs the road shock compared with the old alu one on the Jake.

ritchey wcs is lovely. very fiddly to get the seat on the clamp though!
if it's weight saving you're after the minimalist clamp is the reason ritchey wcs one is one of lightest.
Surprisingly most of the weight of a seat post is in the clamp. (well not sure about most, but more than you might think.)

Top Bottom