Vittoria Open Tubulars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
http://www.vittoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=242&Itemid=209 see vittoria's site for details on the tyres.

Probably a good deal, i like vittoria and just upgraded my tyres to the Rubino Pro

OP
OP
raindog

raindog

er.....
Yes, but they call them "open" tubulars. Everyone seems to be saying that they give the nearest feeling of riding with tubs. Can't wait to try them. It's bloody years and years since I've ridden tubs.

MajorMantra

I got a pair of the 320tpi Open Corsa EVO CXs the other day for £35 in a LBS. One of them is now on the front of the Ribble, the other will go on when the rear PR3 dies.

I'm a bit sceptical of the whole 'open tubular' thing but they have a nice round profile and they're pretty light, so who knows?

In a few months I might have a more useful opinion on them. :smile:

Matthew

OP
OP
raindog

raindog

er.....
I've tried latex tubes and I got peed off with the speed at which they lost air.

I was hoping that someone was going to turn-up and say "yeah, you'l feel a massive difference in performance with those Vittorias" ;) :wacko:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
raindog said:
I've tried latex tubes and I got peed off with the speed at which they lost air.

I was hoping that someone was going to turn-up and say "yeah, you'l feel a massive difference in performance with those Vittorias" ;) :wacko:

TBH I have just gone down the expensive wheels route and the differences are subtle rather than "WOW!!!" - I don't think the tyres will be any different in this respect.

Top Bottom