Vittoria Rubino Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

I've just acquired a pair of these tyres on some wheels I bought.

I've not used these tyres before, nor is Vittoria a brand I have any experience of. Are they any good - should I use them for a while, or replace them straight away? (they're new, by the way).

Thanks

bc

GrahamG

Guru
My other half has had no problems at all - we go out riding together fairly often. On my Conti Gator Skins I've picked up 3 punctures in the last few months. Shes had none. Can't comment on anything else as she's not an experienced cyclist - they're on her first road bike.

*Edit - if they're 25's or 28's and you don't want them, I'll have them off you!

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

GrahamG said:
My other half has had no problems at all - we go out riding together fairly often. On my Conti Gator Skins I've picked up 3 punctures in the last few months. Shes had none. Can't comment on anything else as she's not an experienced cyclist - they're on her first road bike.

*Edit - if they're 25's or 28's and you don't want them, I'll have them off you!

Well, that's good to know. I do hate p*nct*r*s!!!

*Edit - they're 23's so you won't want them

Thanks

bc

Nick1979

I fitted Rubino Pro Tech (with added puncture protection) this winter. They are ok but the grip on the wet could be better. I will come back to Michelin Krylion when they are back in stock.
They are a hell to remove when (if?) you puncture though, the hardest tyres to remove I have come across. It took two of us half an hour to get the tyre out of my front wheel on the side of the road the other day!

yenrod

Vittoria do make a 'small' tyre to their cost as they are quite good otherwise. I've some rubino slicks.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've got them and the cheaper version. both pretty p proof, but if you get one it's a good sign that the tyres need replacing. they should last about a season though.

DaveP

beancounter said:
nor is Vittoria a brand I have any experience of. Are they any good.

Thanks

bc

Bean,

Have been using the Open Pave Evo CG's and cannot fault them on the 'B' roads which most of my cycling is made up of. So on that basis I would expect that the rest of the Vittoria range is much of the same stamp.

But in saying that, they were a bit tight to fit from new...

Good luck....

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

All good feedback people, thanks very much indeed.

They sound more than good enough to leave on and see how they go. If I get a p*nct*r* I'll call the missus on the mobile...

bc

elvisparsley

Mine have been great, I've found glass embedded in em but no punctures. Did notice a ticking from my rear wheel the other day, and found a nail driven right through the tyre. It actually pierced the inner tube, but sealed itself, so I was able to cycle the remaining two miles home no problem. Weird.

Jonathan M

Might be mind over matter but.......
I've some Rubino's on my winter bike, steel bead, grip in the wet is fine, on my summer bike I have some Rubino Pro's (kevlar bead) and find the wet grip pretty poor. Don't know if there would be any difference in tread compunds that could explain this, but I've always stuck with the cheaper version on the winter bike.

Niall McL

separator.gif
Got a set of Vittoria Randonneur Cross Hybrids for my daily commute recently. Didn't really know anything about them but thought I'd give them a go. Absolute pig to get on and then a puncture in the first 20 miles which took about half an hour to change. However since then have covered about 800 miles and not a mark on them. Saw the poll putting Schwalbe Marathons top for commuting so might try them next.

Top Bottom