Vitus Mach e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I wouldn’t want a Virus in the current climate:tongue:
There are better looking ebikes with more discreet batteries.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The ribble has half the battery power at 256wh and less torque 40nm at the rear hub, compared to the 60nm of the vitus Shimano e6100 motor, it’s also more expensive. But it’s your money.......I know which one I’d be riding and it wouldn’t be the ribble

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

novemberdelta

OP
OP
N

novemberdelta

Suspension not really required......vitus still the better option for me
I've bought the Vitus. It's a much better deal than the Ribble, available now and I really like it. Hoping it will help me commute more through winter. Thanks for your input.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Good choice - two grand is also a good price for a Steps ebike with mostly Shimano kit.

Ebikes need sturdy tyres.

I've never heard of the supplied Vee tyres, so cannot say one way or the other.

Worth keeping an eye on them, particularly the sidewalls which will be the first to go if you are going to get problems.

Look out for hairline cracks near the rim.

Should replacements be needed, Schwalbe have lots of ebike rated tyres to choose from.

They are tough enough for the job and usually give good mileage.

OP
OP
N

novemberdelta

Good choice - two grand is also a good price for a Steps ebike with mostly Shimano kit.

Ebikes need sturdy tyres.

I've never heard of the supplied Vee tyres, so cannot say one way or the other.

Worth keeping an eye on them, particularly the sidewalls which will be the first to go if you are going to get problems.

Look out for hairline cracks near the rim.

Should replacements be needed, Schwalbe have lots of ebike rated tyres to choose from.

They are tough enough for the job and usually give good mileage.
Thanks for that. Probably a low budget tyre, esp with the tan sidewalls. Wasn't aware of ebike specific tyres so I'll run the stock ones and check regularly, and upgrade when necessary. Cheers.

It's arriving tomorrow - was scheduled for Sat (only 7 days from order) but I had to delay it till Monday. Quicker than predicted by CRC.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ebike specific tyres, what a load of nonsense........

You've obviously never been given a cheap Chinese ebike to road test and watched the sidewalls of the tyres start to crack within 20 miles.

All 'ebike specific tyres' means is tyres that are of sturdier construction than some lightweight bicycle tyres.

Marathon Pluses fit the bill as they are known for their toughness and durability.

I doubt Schwalbe changed their construction when they stamped 'ebike ready' on the sidewalls.

Several other Schwalbe tyres now have the same marking.

From his reply, the OP grasped the point I was making.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You've obviously never been given a cheap Chinese ebike to road test and watched the sidewalls of the tyres start to crack within 20 miles.

All 'ebike specific tyres' means is tyres that are of sturdier construction than some lightweight bicycle tyres.

Marathon Pluses fit the bill as they are known for their toughness and durability.

I doubt Schwalbe changed their construction when they stamped 'ebike ready' on the sidewalls.

Several other Schwalbe tyres now have the same marking.

From his reply, the OP grasped the point I was making.
i just think when companies add the monica - Ebike specific, it just increases the price........nothing on an Ebike sold on the open market ( not chinese market) is E bike specific, they all have the same gearing, tyres, wheels, handlebars, suspension etc etc that you find on standard bikes

otherwise we would be buying parts for normal bikes for skinny riders and fat riders as tyres would also deform and crack under certain weight ranges, as speed can't b the reason for buying E Bike specific as normal road, mtbs can be ridden faster

Top Bottom