1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volare adjustable Mag - drive trainer

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Scoosh, 12 Jun 2008.

1. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Staff Member

Anyone know much about this for £30 ?

Is it a better buy than this Tacx T 1460 Cycleforce Swing @ £100 ?

I've had a minor op on my wrist, so have been off the bike for a while and neeeed to get back on, get some miles/kms (I prefer kms - they go up quicker :angry:) in my legs before the season is wasted.

HELP !

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

TBH they are probably very similar. just one is new. I got a Elite model at that price range and very good it is too. Very useful fo you if you have a wrist injury. Happy spinning

3. Scoosh

Thanks Steve - I'll contacting the person tonight.

Appreciate your contribution to my indecision.

;)

4. Scoosh

Thanks Steve,
    Got the Volare yesterday.

Where do I put my brain while I spin ?

5. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

You'll need some Music. some threads in health and fitness about this.
    I find heavy rock, death metal works for me.

6. Scoosh

I've had a few spins spins spins on the trainer (it's getting to me ;)) but I don't think it's quite right.
    The cable from the trainer to the handle bars, which I believe is to increase the friction, appears to move the rachet in the mag bit but it doesn't get any harder to pedal. Is this normal ?
    If so- why ?
    If not - what do I do to make it work properly ?

Does changing up a gear have a similar effect (making pedalling harder) or is it just harder to 'get up to speed' ?

Also, is there a 'correct' slot for the pin to be in for the mag assembly ? How should it relate to/line up with the tyre ?
    Unfortunately, the trainer had neither an instruction book nor a box nor anything else.

I listen to a radio programme at the moment, which is working for 35-40 mins but any longer .....:laugh::eek::tongue: