Volare adjustable Mag - drive trainer

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Scoosh, 12 Jun 2008.

1. Scoosh

Scoosh Velocouchiste Moderator

Anyone know much about this for £30 ?

Is it a better buy than this Tacx T 1460 Cycleforce Swing @ £100 ?

I've had a minor op on my wrist, so have been off the bike for a while and neeeed to get back on, get some miles/kms (I prefer kms - they go up quicker :angry:) in my legs before the season is wasted.

HELP !

2. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

TBH they are probably very similar. just one is new. I got a Elite model at that price range and very good it is too. Very useful fo you if you have a wrist injury. Happy spinning

3. OP
    OP
    Scoosh

Thanks Steve - I'll contacting the person tonight.

Appreciate your contribution to my indecision.

;)

4. OP
    OP
    Scoosh

Thanks Steve,
    Got the Volare yesterday.

Where do I put my brain while I spin ?

5. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

You'll need some Music. some threads in health and fitness about this.
    I find heavy rock, death metal works for me.

6. OP
    OP
    Scoosh

I've had a few spins spins spins on the trainer (it's getting to me ;)) but I don't think it's quite right.
    The cable from the trainer to the handle bars, which I believe is to increase the friction, appears to move the rachet in the mag bit but it doesn't get any harder to pedal. Is this normal ?
    If so- why ?
    If not - what do I do to make it work properly ?

Does changing up a gear have a similar effect (making pedalling harder) or is it just harder to 'get up to speed' ?

Also, is there a 'correct' slot for the pin to be in for the mag assembly ? How should it relate to/line up with the tyre ?
    Unfortunately, the trainer had neither an instruction book nor a box nor anything else.

I listen to a radio programme at the moment, which is working for 35-40 mins but any longer .....:laugh::eek::tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice