Volkswagen Retro Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
My Chopper :blush:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Front wheel is too big. Original was 16" front, 20" rear.

I never wanted one, honest. I never looked at my mates with theirs and thought 'Why didn't I get one of those for Christmas?' no, never did that. I was really happy with the yellow banana bike my Dad bought me that all the other kids laughed at but I showed them. I really showed them when I started to build proper bikes. Proper choppers with long forks, low saddle and feet forward with a fat rear tyre and skinny front. So what if my bikes were 10'-12' long with the turning circle of a bus. I made them and I showed them. I really showed them I wasn't jealous of their pretend choppers. That's right I showed them.:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah but on the original chopper, you put the passenger on the rear rack - then jumped off a curb, with howls from the rear...... The original chopper did have a message on the seat that it was not for two...

Loved mine, but just not cool when I had it - the Grifter was king !!

k-dog

Loved mine, but just not cool when I had it - the Grifter was king !!

Yeah, until you tried to carry it up some stairs - those things were made from solid pipes!

Night Train

Maker of Things
fossyant said:
the Grifter was king !!
The closest I got to a Grifter was having one of the knobby tyres on the back of my chopper. And even that blew open. It ripped right around the side wall and the tube came out, still inflated.

Home builts rock!

Just wonderng if VW will bring out a new retro eco transport will it be supply your own horse?

Top Bottom