v's vs mini v's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1431832"]
I've ordered dia-comp levers -anyone have any experience of them?
[/quote]

Which ones? I was looking for replacements for crash damaged Tektro levers and found bad reviews of a particular Dia Compe model on I think the Thorn forum.
Hopefully not the ones you've just ordered!

longers

Legendary Member
I might have this drastically wrong somewhere but don't V's need more cable to be pulled than mini V's, hence the specific levers required?

Therefore in my head it makes sense that the V specific levers will pull more than enough cable for mini V's and there will be spare cable pulling capacity that never gets pulled? Unless this is a problem. It makes some sort of sense to me.

albion

Guru
If its a case of pulling harder then soft V's are possibly the answer.A while back I tried some brake pads which happened to work fantasticly, yet nearly wore out on just one heavy breaking ride. So I now buy the same ones cheap 'by the dozen' on the realisation that my RIMs are more likely to last near forever with supersofts.

gwhite

Über Member
The Tektros were designed to work with the conventional V brakes. I would imagine, having used the Dia-compe ones, that they have to be an improvement on those. Now that I think of it I have a pair of the Tektros stored away in my workshop.

Top Bottom