Vuelta - **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
TTT just started.

It'll be interesting to see how Cav goes again with Kittel amongst the sprint opposition fresh from winning 3 stages in the Tour of Poland.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Sky finished 17th out of 18 finished so far... Should I despair for Cav, if he ends up there?

TVC

Cav is tweeting that he felt bad in the warm up.

ITV4 coverage was shocking. Ned's no anchorman and Phil & Paul are AWOL. Seems like the whole thing was done on a budget of 75p. Hope ToB will be a bit better.

wildjetskier

Eurosports coverage was ok, only saw Sky at beginning and then on the turn in the last corner !!! and as for the Spanish TV coverage that was shocking, the Jerseys kept changing colour, hopefully they will have ironed out the probs for tomorrow

Noodley

Just watched the "highlights" on ITV4 and I have not a clue about what happened...very poor highlights package, shite summary bu the aussie sounding bloke and very little from the studio pundits by way of insight.

I am slightly puzzled as to why it was so bad...Not a good start :sad:

KingstonBiker

The ITV4 coverage of the TDF was excellent. I didn't expect their Vuelta coverage would match up but I didn't think it would be as bad as it was tonight.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Yep, without Phil and Paul its a much lower quality viewing experience.
But at least they are showing it on freeview so it's better than nothing.

Keith Oates

Janner
Sky finished 17th out of 18 finished so far... Should I despair for Cav, if he ends up there?

It was not a good showing for Sky and now Wiggins will be even less likely to make a podium than he was before. I hope that Cav is not going to Sky but all the hints suggests that he will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noodley

Who is doing the live commentary? It would be nice to get a break from Phil and Paul if there was someone else who did a better job, but the highlights summary was woeful. Maybe it's a ploy by Phil and Paul so that when they come back everyone will be delighted :laugh:

woohoo

Veteran
I thought the guy doing the live commentary was OK, at least when the sound was working. The highlights bit was dismal but I think that it was poorly presented and edited (and TTs are a bit difficult to televise anyway because they action is always jumping from team to team and start to finish etc).

The "studio" appears to be the inside of a container with a lick of paint and a couple of chairs and I could do without the matey "Swifty" style.

Still it's better than anything the BBC are offering.

Noodley

The aussie (anyone know who he is?) is good at live commentary, much better than the commentary feeds from the studio (esp. as Matt Rendell has an awful droning voice! A voice suited to writing :laugh: )

Quite enjoying the stage when Aussie bloke is on...

rualexander

Legendary Member
Yes the Aussie guy is actually ok, but it would be good if he had a sidekick to butt in and mix things up a bit, like Phil and Paul do.

Top Bottom