Wahey - did my first open 25 TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brahan

Über Member
I completed my first 25 TT over the weekend and managed a time of 58:25 which secured 9th place out of (I think) 90 riders. Yay!

Anyone who is thinking about doing an open TT should just go fot it. Everyone's really friendly and there's loads and loads of tea/coffee and cake to gorge on when you're done.....mmm....carrott cake....mmmmm.....banana loaf....mmmmm....walnut cake......mmmmm

ChrisKH

Guru
Well done. 9th out of 90 puts you in the top 10% (maths genius me). Or were they all on holiday and you were competing against the 'over 80' riders who can't fly or get holiday insurance? :biggrin:

Sounds like you did alright. :tongue:

OP
OP
B

Brahan

Über Member
Cheers guys.

It was the G25/89. The winning time was 52 something - amazing. I haven't got a list of the finishing times yet. I'll certaintly be doing more opens next year.

CotterPin

Thanks Will - I have had a look at the CTT website before but it always looked a little intimidating. Looks like I need to persevere! I am actually doing the Blenheim Palace TT next month which should be fun.

OP
OP
B

Brahan

Über Member
Hello CotterPin. All you need to do is pick an event close (ish) to home and just make sure you get your form in early enough and you're off. Don't feel intimidated by anything, just rock up and ride. Although the season is coming to an end it would be great if you can manage one this year that way you're up and running for next year. I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to do one - I should have pulled my finger out ages ago. Good luck with your Blenheim Palace TT. ;)

OP
OP
B

Brahan

Über Member
Thanks fossyant. I've just entered another one - the H25/2 it's in a couple of weeks.......AND I'm going to go for the Brighton Mitre 25 too. Quite addictive this cycling malarky. :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Crash

For a first time it's an awesome time, gratz .:wacko:

Please tell me that you at least had some form of tri-bars on the bike, if you did that time retro then i would be even more envious :becool: :smile:

That's a brilliant time, really your first race?! Won't tell you what my fastest time was MANY years ago - did help to win a regional under 18 junior champs though - but that was on normal bike with normal tyres! No cash around those days for sprints & tubs.

Best of luck with the H25 - have you seen any on one of the courses just south of Uttoxeter, they're pretty fast.

'tis addictive but my rides are for pleasure nowadays I'm no longer dedicated enough to kill myself like I used to!

Top Bottom