Wanted: Old frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Looking for an old steel frame (doesn't have to be old or steel...but I have a tight budget) to build a fixed out of.

120mm distance between the dropouts would be nice,
horizontal/near horizontal dropouts are crucial,
I am 6'2, and ride a 58cm frame, so a frame close to this size would be great.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have one of these:
DSC00323.jpg
DSC00325.jpg
DSC00326.jpg
Was going to do it up but if you are interested and a forum relay from Manchester can be sorted...
PM me if you want.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I thought it was a bit too cheeky to ask on here if anyone had a spare frame as I want to do a 'fixie' project too.... but apparently it's not! :becool:

If anyone else has a spare frame I'd be very interested. I'm just shy of 6ft and ride a 56cm frame at the moment (whether it's the correct size for me is another matter, but it seems fine).

Cheers all.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I don't think it's cheeky, I've now been given two frames via forums. What it means is that when I have spare kit etc, it'll be offered free to a good home. Karma man, what goes around comes around, like an extension of the book raffle idea.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
I wasn't asking to be given one....I'm interested in buying one!
Even I am not that cheeky! Night train, I am afraid Manchester is faaar to far away from the southern bowls of hampshire :tongue:

Radius

SHREDDER
I'm in the market for a frame for fixed too, similar size, I'm also 6'2"...if anyone has anything etc etc :thumbsup:

Let's all be 'cheeky' together :tongue:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
guys, I'll keep an eye out, and keep you in mind, old style I'd have thought you could both cope with anything from 58 to 62cm, but favouring the upper end of that scale.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I have an old frame (Dawes Windsor) to give away, and am about 6' tall.

But the frame is slightly damaged - I had an out-of-line rear wheel for a while, and it rubbed against the chainstay (if that's what you call it). Also, I'm not entirely sure what the metal is - the exposed metal hasn't rusted like you'd expect of steel.

If it's of interest to any of you, let me know - I'm in Bucks. I can procure a photograph.

FBOAB

Montage, I'd be willing to get it down to birmingham( and possible a bit further with beer fund assistance!) for you if that's any help.
BTW Any scrap steel frames, I'd be interested. I've got it in my head to build a 'bent and I fancy going the recycled route. I don't want to cut up any frames that would be of use to yous though.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Afraid birmingham is still yonks away!
Problem is that I travel via bike or train...so it is either impossible or sodding expensive ;) .... thanks anyway :biggrin:

Top Bottom