Warm legs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
I was out yesterday in the wind and a shower or two of rain and noticed that even with my bib tights on I was feeling the cold in my legs. My bib tights aren't expensive.

I was just wondering which route to go to keep a bit of the cold out. Do I opt for leg warmers on the outside of my tights or opt for a base layer underneath them?

Anybody who can advise specific products too would be most welcome. I want to keep riding over winter but don't have a very large budget I'm afraid.

Sorry if this is basic but I'm new to this.

Thanks

Paul

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
knee warmers for your knees
leg warmers for your legs
tights for your ....
overshoes for your feet
armwarmers for your arms
buff for the neck up
gloves ....

decathlon should cover most of these, or look online but get in quick once the weather changes these items sell fast

Pedal faster, its still too early in the year to have cold legs. When it is colder I prefer to wear the leg warmers underneath the bib shorts or when its really cold wear bib 3/4 or bib longs. When it was at its very coldest last year I wore thermal long johns under trousers and waterproof overtrousers; I would boil wearing several layers just now.

amaferanga

Veteran
Roubaix bib tights or leg warmers are very good at keeping your legs warm even when wet. But I agree - way too warm and early for those! Though I admit that I have started wearing leg warmers in the morning for my commute (thin ones mind - not roubaix ones).

calibanzwei

Pedal faster

+1
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom