England : Cheshire Warrington to some hills - 18 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Powered by Porridge

I'd like to ride up a couple of hills this Saturday. Anyone fancy joining me? I plan to leave Warrington fairly early on Saturday (sevenish, but there's flexibility) and was thinking it might be fun to ride up past the Wizard at Alderley Edge and then on to the Cat and Fiddle, or something like that.

Tea and cake will be involved. Probably quite a lot of tea and cake.

Disclaimer: I'm rubbish at riding up hills :sad:

400bhp

Guru
I'd like to ride up a couple of hills this Saturday. Anyone fancy joining me? I plan to leave Warrington fairly early on Saturday (sevenish, but there's flexibility) and was thinking it might be fun to ride up past the Wizard at Alderley Edge and then on to the Cat and Fiddle, or something like that.

Tea and cake will be involved. Probably quite a lot of tea and cake.

Disclaimer: I'm rubbish at riding up hills :sad:

Might be interested. Questions:

Length of ride?
Rough average speed?
Why not head over to Rivvy? Closer than Buxton?

400bhp

Guru
Might be interested-was gonna head over to Rivvy this sat-I don't like the Cat & the Wizard, prefer other stuff in the Peaks.

Rivvy or Buxton nice?

OP
OP
Powered by Porridge

Powered by Porridge

I meant Rivington looks good. I've just never been up there before. More than happy to head over there and broaden my cycling horizons.

I went up past the Wizard on Saturday. I was just thinking of continuing further on and seeing what some of the hills are like. I've signed up for the Wizard and the Llamas audax so thought I'd better get some bigger hills under my belt.

400bhp

Guru
Thinking about it - 80/14.5 doesn't got for me on Sat I'm afraid. I could cycle with you and make my own way at some point though, but that sounds a bit impolite. I like to get back by lunchtime so 7am is a good time for me.

OP
OP