was it just me or was it bloody windy today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Went through Brixton this morning via forest hill its seemed windy with the bike being pushed everywhere over the road.

thomas

the tank engine
It was on my bike ride yesterday and look like it is today. Although this is Norfolk.

Got to "love" the Norfolk wind - it's always a head wind. Trust me - if you're cycling into the wind...and turned around...you'd still be cycling into the bloody wind!!! Explain that
biggrin.gif

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It was on my bike ride yesterday and look like it is today. Although this is Norfolk.

Got to "love" the Norfolk wind - it's always a head wind. Trust me - if you're cycling into the wind...and turned around...you'd still be cycling into the bloody wind!!! Explain that
biggrin.gif

With a proper bike, the wind is rarely a problem. ;)

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
A recumbent. a lazy man's bike :tongue:

Oh those little wheelchair things :biggrin:

I've just got back from camping with the cubs and the weekend has been very windy, to the extent that I was going round lashing things down to stop them flying off.

naffa

We were in Wales this weekend and my son and I took our Mtb's, with the intention of doing some road miles.
We said that on Saturday we'd ride into Lampeter (about 6 miles) but standing in the garden we reckoned we'd be cycling into the wind for the whole journey so we decided to take to some of the lanes and do a circular route, and on the little sheltered lanes we didn't notice the wind at all.
As soon as we got onto the main Lampeter road though we hit the wind and really struggled averaging about 8mph thats all. Nearly got blown right into the middle of the road a couple of times too.
So although we wanted to cycle a fair bit we didn't cause the wind never calmed down.

aberal

Guru
It was very windy here in the east of Scotland. Supposedly an easterly, but I did a round trip on the bike today and swear I had 25 miles due south into a headwind followed by 25 miles due north into a headwind. How the Sam Hill does that happen?
angry.gif
Chilly too in spite of the sunshine.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It was very windy here in the east of Scotland. Supposedly an easterly, but I did a round trip on the bike today and swear I had 25 miles due south into a headwind followed by 25 miles due north into a headwind. How the Sam Hill does that happen?
angry.gif
Chilly too in spite of the sunshine.

A sidewind is just a headwind trying to catch you off balance...

We went out on what was supposed to be a hardish training ride, unfortunately because of where we live, in my wisdom decided to head out into the wind and that meant the FENS
eek.gif
. I'm not going to say what the average speed was on the way out, let's just say not very quick. 52 miles and aching legs later and very glad to be home.

Top Bottom