Waterloo Commuters Xmas Lunch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
A few weeks ago the regular Sunday ride met at the Cut in Waterloo rather than its usual meeting place of Hyde Park Corner. This unusual meeting place threw up the surprising information that quite a few CCers work in the Waterloo area.

With this in mind, I thought maybe we should set up a lunch and with the festive season approaching, let's make it a Xmas lunch. Obviously everyone is welcome but I was thinking of choosing a restaurant/pub in the Waterloo area.

Please let me know if you think this is a good idea or a hideous one? Would we recognise each other without Lycra??? :whistle:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Sounds good to me, but if there are enough takers the venue needs to be sorted out asap as venues around Waterloo fill up quickly (we booked ours in early September).

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 1233373"]
I'm in, if date is right.

Are we taking the PM off afterwards for a leisurely waste of time in a pub?
[/quote]

I'm sure arrangements can be made. But it will need to be with relevant managers obviously.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'd be up for that.

I'm sure we could get an area cordoned off for us.

It should be extended to south london commuters.

It's open to absolutely everyone, it will just be held in Waterloo cos I suggested it and I'm based here along with a fair concentration of other CCers.

:tongue:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 1233377"]
Shall we set a date?

Can I suggest a nice "cafe" and /or "simple" pub rather than a restaurant/fancy pub?
[/quote]

I would suggest the week commencing 12th Dec and my fallback position is the Stage Door pub. If there's a preference for a pub rather than restaurant, I'd put the Stage Door as preference.

There was (slightly slurred) talk of CC xmas drinks after the Whitstable ride - maybe this could be it?

I'm up for this as I'm working on The Cut at the moment. I could do any weekday other than Wednesdays.

I was going to suggest the Anchor and Hope but it's not simple, cheap or particularly vegetarian friendly. It also books out early. However it's the only place I can easily and safely order from the menu.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I'm up for this as I'm working on The Cut at the moment. I could do any weekday other than Wednesdays.

I was going to suggest the Anchor and Hope but it's not simple, cheap or particularly vegetarian friendly. It also books out early. However it's the only place I can easily and safely order from the menu.

The Anchor and Hope does very good food - last time I was there I had some tasty goat neck (apologies, Ben!).

We could do a mini-pub crawl in the Waterloo area as there are plenty of boozers, some of them quite decent (i.e the Kings Arms, Roupell St).

Top Bottom