Waterproof Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkfibre72

I'm in need of some advice, I'm looking around for a waterproof jacket but not to sure which one to purchase. I'm liking the Altura Nevis, has anybody got these jacket.. Is it any good ? Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ELL

Über Member
I got a Polaris Orbiter from Halfords a month ago it bright bright orange but i wanted that so i would be seen and a couple of weeks ago when it peed down it kept me nice and dry plus they have buy one get one half price at the moment

Bigtwin

Jackets? I've had a few, but then again too few to mention.

Since that is, I got my Gore Bike Wear one.

The jacket. Not that cheap (though I got mine in a sale) but I've had it 6/7 years and it's still as good as day one.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I just bought an Endura Phoenix, seems really well made and the fit is excellent, not as breathable as a Gore or eVent but a third of the price. I wore it in the rain the other night, it kept me nice and dry but I did get sweaty although, the patch across my chest was probably twice the size than normal but it tends to vary and I'm a sweaty toe rag anyway! :smile:

Danny

Legendary Member
darkfibre72 said:
I'm in need of some advice, I'm looking around for a waterproof jacket but not to sure which one to purchase. I'm liking the Altura Nevis, has anybody got these jacket.. Is it any good ? Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
I've got a Nevis and am happy with it, apart from the fact that the reflective bits at the back all peeled off within a few weeks.

It is too warm for summer use, but great the rest of the year.

Be warned, if you search this forum you will find numerous complaints about the quality of Altura's zips. The pull bit often seems to break, rendering the zip useless. This happened to my son's Nightrider jacket.

For this reason I would be wary of getting another Altura jacket, but you would probably be OK if you buy from a good LBS who will sort out any problems for you.

Noodley

My vote goes to Endura Superlite for light weight waterproof jacket and to Endura Rebound for light weight spring/summer showerproof jacket.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yep, Nevis look great and are as waterproof as anything out there, but are too warm for summer use. The chest pocket zip opened itself from the bottom the first time I put my fags in. (as good a reason to give up as any I suppose!)

alebleicker

Veteran
I'm looking for something good in the range of £50-70, do you guys have some more suggestions ?
is basically for cummuting 18 miles every day, I get warm very quickly so I'm thinking about something light that can be very breathable without breaking my wallet :welcome:
thank you!

alebleicker

Veteran
I was thinking about the montane brand, but seems quite pricey. the stormrider that seems to be the best eVent fabric out there, is £120, so there is another model fearthlite or something like that for around $40, but seems not very waterproof.
Now I found the velocity DT from montana which uses "Entrant DT Fabric" so I don't have a clue if this fabric does the job and if it is worth £70

Top Bottom