Wearing 2 pairs of shorts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fudgedog

Did the etape on Sunday, by mile 60 my arse was killing me. was cycling along with a guy who swore by wearing 2 pairs of cycle shorts ! Anybody else tried this ?

ACS

Legendary Member
No I just got myself a Brooks B17.:rolleyes:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Another vote for B17.

Forget about the second pair of shorts. More fabric means more chance of creases/crumpling and more rubbing against your jewels.

Wear one short and use Vaseline or similar cream to reduction friction

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
This is the first I have ever heard of someone wearing 2 pairs of shorts.
wacko.gif

A good saddle, good fitting bike and a decent pair of shorts and you shouldn't need to wear 2 pairs. But each to their own I suppose.

Toeclip

Guru
Now that funny, as I`ve just started to wear two pairs of shorts, a lycra and a baggy pair over the top because I like pockets in my shorts. Also my baggys are my favourite shorts but because I`ve lost so much weight these past 5 months the keep falling down. Yeah I know buy a new pair but I only live on a small pension, so I`m saving up.

I only wear one pair for my usual rides, but I wore 2 pairs for the Manchester to Blackpool last year - @rse was still killing me though despite 'lubin' up with Assos Chamois Creme :sad:
Not sure what I'll be trying for this years M2B?

Steve H

Large Member
Yes - I regularly wear two pairs of padded shorts on longer rides. Or a pair of padded shorts with a pair of padded bib tights on top. Also plenty of chamois cream and a good shower afterwards.

cadseen

Veteran
I wear 2 pairs of shorts in winter only when its colder, and usually because they are old race shorts that have wore a bit thin :rolleyes:

Comfort wise they seem to help pad my thin bottom a bit.

Top Bottom