Weather this week!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamBlade

Well, After 7 weeks unable to cycle due to an off in Nov I bought a new commuting bike, Giant CRS 3.0 Hybrid. Bike is good but the weather has been awful!! I've managed 3 days of cold and ice and 2 days of rain. When will it end?!?!?

Got soaked this morning.It's a firking disgrace ;-)

We have had snow storms this week too but luckilly all I've had to deal with on the commute is headwinds and light showers. The temperatures haven't been too bad for this time of the year either. If you believe the forecast this period of OK'ish weather is supposed to last til Saturday evening with all hell breaking lose on the Sunday.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have had the week off doing DIY at home, wish I was on the bike :rolleyes:

silverbow

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I have had the week off doing DIY at home, wish I was on the bike :biggrin:

Didn't fance thatrain earlier in the week though, did you FFFF?

FFFF - Can you recommend an Olde Cycle Shoppe from our neck of the woods?

HelenD123

Guru
Drizzle/rain here again today. It looks really miserable outside. I wonder if there's any chance it will clear up by home time:wacko:.

Jonny

Über Member
hackbike 666 said:
Got soaked this morning.It's a firking disgrace ;-)

Me too. And perhaps I get oversensitive and cynical, but I am sure that as soon as rain falls there are more cars around, they drive closer (especially in puddles), and as for suicidal pedestrians with umbrellas ;)

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Yep persisting down here this morning, gales Thur, ice Tuesday.

The sky looks pretty nice and blue though now so hopefully should be dry on the way home ...

ianrauk said:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
What is the world coming to...?

Walked out the door Monday and it was raining so I got caught out.

Sussed it this morning it was peeing down so I got my waterproof top out and found the zip was f*ked.So I got soaked again.:biggrin:

Not a bad ride though always looks worse than it is.

Jonny said:
Me too. And perhaps I get oversensitive and cynical, but I am sure that as soon as rain falls there are more cars around, they drive closer (especially in puddles), and as for suicidal pedestrians with umbrellas :laugh:

Very few peds,too early just a dodgy bus of which I sped up to clear the ped crossing before he went through and he saw me doing this and gave me more room after and also a lorry haring down on me on the Mile End Road but it was ok.

Another bus haring up from Central London to Waterloo Rounderbout via Waterloo Bridge and I was on the rounderbout (on way back) so I waited for him to clear giving a railway handsignal used to call trains forward which he liked as he didn't have to stop for me(no cars about on rounderbout).He gave me a thumbs up but im buggered if im going to play games with a speeding bus.:smile:

Top Bottom