England : London Wednesday 23 May - evening London ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
Sounds like a good idea. Where do I sign?:thumbsup:

redjedi

Über Member
What sort of pace are you looking at User? :whistle:

May join you. I'll be going for a little ride this evening. Regents Park for a lap, down to Hyde Park for a half lap, then down to Richmond Park for a lap and half. If I feel like it I'll swing by that SA butcher you mentioned before a spot of bike perving in Sigma Sports.

redjedi

Über Member
[QUOTE 1859596, member: 1314"]Butchers shuts at 6.

Tomorrow night is a pootle.

What time will you get to RP?

I can join you for a little lap then out to Kingston (change my route on way home) but I won't get to Roehampton Gate until 6.[/quote]

Then I won't be going to the butchers then.

I'll be at Regents Park about 6.30, Hyde Park 7ish so won't be at Richmond Park till about 7.30 I guess.

Very tempting. Need to see how it goes tomorrow.

Despite my bad back (or to celebrate its easing off, whichever), I decided I couldn't waste a sunny evening, so rode home via Richmond Park earlier.

wanda2010

Guru
Oh now I'm upset. I could have done the early segments diverting at Wandsworth/CS7 to home.:cry:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I'm up for a cpl of laps of RP, only if you were headed this way anyway. I'll keep an eye on the thread tomorrow and see how my day pans out. Can't make a drinking session in town afterwards or anything like that. It's going to be a sunny one - whatever folks end up doing, I'm sure it'll be a fine day on the bikes :smile:

redjedi

Über Member
Unlike today where I was on my roadie, I will be on the fixed commuter if I turn up and not sure I could manage a lap of RP on it yet (although I could always give it a try :tongue:)

RP was lovely this evening when I got there at 7.30. Hardly any traffic and lots of cyclists. Went past the Roebuck for a quick look at the finest view in London and wished I had a lock with me so I could enjoy a pint outside.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
That sounds like a lovely evening out but I shall have the sand between my toes and a large gin and tonic in my hand instead. Definitely next time though!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Go home and then head back into London for 6 Ant.

I will be there about 6.15 as I don't finish work till 5.30.

Finishing at 4, it's just too tempting to cycling back along the river and into RP for a cpl of sunny laps. I'm going to do that and crash on the sofa, watching the Giro for the rest of the evening. Have a nice ride though folks!

Top Bottom