WeeRide crossbar seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I think after much deliberation, and upon seeing this photo I've decided upon a WeeRide crossbar seat. The price seems reasonable and I like the idea of having my youngling sitting between my arms.

Does anyone here have experience of using this type of seat? And more importantly does anyone have one they are no longer using ;)

7976398714_38b5400a0c.jpg
Sky Ride Ipswich 2012 by goskyride.com, on Flickr

I'm going to post an Amazon link because I think Shaun has some clever affiliate stuff going on -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/WeeRide-Kan...sr_1_5?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1347378776&sr=1-5

trampyjoe

Not too keen on your knees then?

AndyPeace

My dad used a seat strapped on the top tube with steel bands to take his 4yr old grandson out. Its a much better seating spot for your child, gives them a bit more experince of balance and lets them be involved more in the journey... 'which way now?' ... The seat in the post above is a lot more secure and the child looks younger. Its a good idea, maybe there are better designs with more knee clearance?

hatler

Guru
We put both our kids on Wee-Rides (or Centric Safe Havens as they were then, snappy name, eh ?)

Wonderful wonderful things. Both would smile from ear to ear whenever they saw us rolling the bike out with the seat attached. Yes, your knees stick out a bit, but as long as you're not doing too many hills this really isn't a problem. (Though that didn't stop a friend of ours doing Ditchling Beacon with one of these and a trailer bike on L2B day one year.)

We had countless gorgeous days out, they never tired of them.

The kid is involved in the ride, gets to see where you're going, understands balancing, you can wipe their nose, know when they fall asleep, and as their arms and legs get longer can indulge in those joke moments of pushing the handlebars (watch out for that). You avoid cludging them with your foot when you mount the bike (as is the case with a rear seat). The balance of the bike is pretty unaffected.

Things to watch out for.
You can't use it with drop handlebars (at least that's what it says on the tin).
Check that the mounting bar fits your bike first.
Not for use on full sus machines.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
We put both our kids on Wee-Rides (or Centric Safe Havens as they were then, snappy name, eh ?)

Wonderful wonderful things. Both would smile from ear to ear whenever they saw us rolling the bike out with the seat attached. Yes, your knees stick out a bit, but as long as you're not doing too many hills this really isn't a problem. (Though that didn't stop a friend of ours doing Ditchling Beacon with one of these and a trailer bike on L2B day one year.)

We had countless gorgeous days out, they never tired of them.

The kid is involved in the ride, gets to see where you're going, understands balancing, you can wipe their nose, know when they fall asleep, and as their arms and legs get longer can indulge in those joke moments of pushing the handlebars (watch out for that). You avoid cludging them with your foot when you mount the bike (as is the case with a rear seat). The balance of the bike is pretty unaffected.

Things to watch out for.
You can't use it with drop handlebars (at least that's what it says on the tin).
Check that the mounting bar fits your bike first.
Not for use on full sus machines.

Thank you for posting this.

Dan Allison

I think after much deliberation, and upon seeing this photo I've decided upon a WeeRide crossbar seat. The price seems reasonable and I like the idea of having my youngling sitting between my arms.

Does anyone here have experience of using this type of seat? And more importantly does anyone have one they are no longer using ;)

I'm going to post an Amazon link because I think Shaun has some clever affiliate stuff going on -
http://www.amazon.co.uk/WeeRide-Kan...sr_1_5?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1347378776&sr=1-5

Did you get one of these in the end? I have one on my mountain bike for taking little one round the forest. True you do ride a bit like a frog but she loves it and i dont have to worry what she is up to!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot

just flicking through ebay and came across this less than 5 miles from my house! i am tempted (if i can persuade SWMBO first though :sad: )

Top Bottom