Well, blow me down....a nice First driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
..the thread title was almost literal about "blow me down"

Thanks due to the First bus driver tonigh on my way home who began a (quite acceptable and room enough) overtake then noticed as I came around a bend and was hit by a sudden side wind that knocked me about a foot off course, with a secondary wobble (it was like 2 short sharp gusts)

Bus tucked back in and waited as I moved to the drops and struggled until the wind gave a bit of respite

JamesAC

There are a few good ones about.

I was cycling along a 1/2 k stretch of road with traffic island "pinch points" every 100 m or so. I was aware of a rumbling, throbbing sound (nothing to do with me!) behind, and a glance revealed a large corporation refuse truck. He sat about 20 m behind me as I negotiated the chicanes, and then once we were on a clear bit of road, overtook me with courtesy and consideration. No driving right up behind me. No frantic revving of engines. No aggressive hooting. I was astonished!

I was cycling along a 1/2 k stretch of road with traffic island "pinch points" every 100 m or so. I was aware of a rumbling, throbbing sound (nothing to do with me!) behind, and a glance revealed a large corporation refuse truck. He sat about 20 m behind me as I negotiated the chicanes, and then once we were on a clear bit of road, overtook me with courtesy and consideration. No driving right up behind me. No frantic revving of engines. No aggressive hooting. I was astonished!
[/quote

I hope you gave a signal of your appreciation to the driver

byegad

Legendary Member
I try to acknowledge any driver who treats me with consideration. Not only as a thank you, but so any other driver seeing this considerate driving gets the (good) idea.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I try to acknowledge any driver who treats me with consideration. Not only as a thank you, but so any other driver seeing this considerate driving gets the (good) idea.

Always wave to the decent drivers as they pass.

I am very protective of cyclists I meet when driving and it is noticeable how other drivers' attitude and courtesy improves seeing proper consideration, and then copying in turn.... same as when you meet a horse and rider.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
Hmm...normally I wave acknowledgement but in this case waving and falling off isn't on my agenda

If it's that windy that I'm being blown off course, sorry, but I am not waving at anyone..and neither will they thank me if I veer wildly off course

Top Bottom