Well that wasn't planned...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have just cancelled my Bianchi order...I went into Pearsons to buy mitts (which they didn't have) and have ordered a ...
Carbon Pave with SRAM Apex. http://www.pearsoncycles.co.uk/store/product/29705/Pearson-Pavé-450mm/

Got for what I think is a very good price - below their normal price with Tiagra. Those guys are very persuasive! It is the 4th bike I have had from them! I am having white tape and saddle to make it a bit more girly. Is for sure not as pretty as the Bianchi

...ok somewhat more costly but will fit me properly and I won't be itching to upgrade to Carbon next summer :wacko:

I have also gone clipless so that should be amusing. The new pedals have been fittted to the hybrid for now and I managed to get attached on the way home with one foot, and it does feel much better pedalling. Need to practice a lot in the living room!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
the advert said "Complete Bike £1,399.99" don't see any mudguards :rolleyes:
very nice enjoy

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think it will take any! I'll have the hybrid for mudguard moments and the roadie for clipless moments! :tongue:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone happen to know what the weight of the Pave is? The only info I can find is that the Carbon pro frame is claimed to be under a kilo for the 54cm (which I am getting). Both bikes are made of the same stuff from what I was told. Frame cetainly felt light when I held it, didn't get a chance to lift the whole bike though

Frame: Pave - UD-Carbon Monocoque Super Light, Pro - UD-Carbon Integrated Super LightFork: Carbon Monocoque

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Nice looking bike Vickster. +1 for the ten minute practice about going clipless. You will very soon get the hang of it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I like Pearsons, used to be my LBS.

But, I may be a cycnic here, but isn't the Pave exactly the same frame as their Palace Race frame but with a longer steerer tube and more spacers (and a different paint job)? Mmmmmm.

I'd never go into Pearsons now, I'd probably walk out with a fully kitted Touche in Gunmetal :wacko:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I am not sure I follow? The pave is their least expensive road bike, I realise it is sportive stylee and perhaps even more so with the sram apex. I think I was measured on a palace. 54cm, whereas the showroom pave was a 49cm midget bike. My budget started at 800. Will end up spending 1500 I reckon. Ooops!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I am not sure I follow? The pave is their least expensive road bike, I realise it is sportive stylee and perhaps even more so with the sram apex. I think I was measured on a palace. 54cm, whereas the showroom pave was a 49cm midget bike. My budget started at 800. Will end up spending 1500 I reckon. Ooops!!

Sorry vickster, we were having a discussion on here about 'Sportive' bikes and there's a line of thought that says the whole/much of the so called 'Sportive' market is a triumph of marketing hype over substance, i.e a slightly higher head-tube automatically makes a bike a sportive rather than a race offering. It seems to me from the pictures that the frame for both the Palace and the Pave are the same, except the Pave has a longer steerer tube and more spacers rather than anything more exceptionally different.
Nowt wrong with that, it looks a super bike!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah ok, cheers FF

I have been out practising the clipless thing on the hybrid - it's fine except I have SPD on one side and flat platform on the other. The biggest challenge is actually having the pedal round the right way for clipping in! :rolleyes: I have ordered some Shimano M520s for the Pave, so double sided. I

I had a rather epic fail trying to get away from some lights (standing start) on a hill yesterday, which is a bug*er at the best of times for a numpty rider like me - let's just say I would fubar'ed a driving test on that hill start :biggrin: I got a very funny look from a car passenger as I actually failed to go anywhere! :blush: Any tips for getting away in such circumstances!?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Pearson's persuasiveness wins again! Looks like a nice bike, but never mind that, what colour tyres are you going to have? :biggrin:

The new Cycle Surgery near where I live has Pearson Palace and Audax frames in stock, both look like very nice frames, I'd probably end up witha carbon Audax if I still lived nearby.

the showroom pave was a 49cm midget bike.
Oi! :angry: There's nothing wrong with a 49cm frame...if you happen to be compact and bijou ;)

I had a rather epic fail trying to get away from some lights (standing start) on a hill yesterday, which is a bug*er at the best of times for a numpty rider like me - let's just say I would fubar'ed a driving test on that hill start :biggrin: I got a very funny look from a car passenger as I actually failed to go anywhere! :blush: Any tips for getting away in such circumstances!?
Hold on to the car wing mirror?

The more you get used to them, the quicker you'll get at clipping in - and double sided will really help. If the hill is steep, changing into a higher gear before you come to a standstill can help when you set off.

Top Bottom