well well well....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
Today I found out that there is in fact a road cycle club based in my town!

Previous investigations led me to believe the only local cycle club was the local CTC branch - nothing wrong with that but not what I was after. I then tried three other clubs before settling on the not so local one of which I'm now a member.

So, next Sun, I'll be there at 9:00 to introduce myself and go for a ride with the local club :biggrin:
I

Alves

So where do you stay? I live in Perth so I am interested in your reply too.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
I live in Kinross, though I'm a member of Perth cycling club (Perth United). It's just awkward to get there at times - riding from my doorstep would be more convenient.

Give the Perth club a go, they're a friendly bunch and cater to all levels.

Michael

kennykool

I live in Inchture in Perthshire and looked into joining a club. Perth United were very helpful. I would recommend checking out their website.

Ken Bruce was the guy I spoke with. Unfortunately I have too much of a commitment with Golf (and my Wife) to commit to joining a club. When I do have more time - i'll be joining perth United

Alves

I have done some evening rides with Perth United but they are a lot faster than my comfortable speed and they are indeed a very friendly and welcoming bunch. Are their winter club runs at a similar pace?

Noodley

Alves said:
I have done some evening rides with Perth United but they are a lot faster than my comfortable speed and they are indeed a very friendly and welcoming bunch. Are their winter club runs at a similar pace?

Perth United have riders of varying abilities...varying enough that I can pass some of them! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
Alves said:

I'd say the winter rides are a bit more relaxed. Throught the summer, many are training for TT's or races. As noodly says, many of varying abilities, give it a try - you can always sit on someones wheel!

Top Bottom