West London out to Sth Bucks - Sunday 1 August - Social ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidg

At least one person replied (TheDoctor!) in the general thread so critical mass achieved ;)

this is the weekend after I do my first Olympic triathlon in Hyde Park, so it will be....well, no hammering it that's for sure.

I live in Ealing, but thinking of starting in the Ickenham area. I sometimes get the tube up there to avoid 8-9 miles of London cycling (easy access on tube from Central London in other words!) and if anyone drives, there is easy parking at Hillingdon tube station.

Around 50-60 miles to keep it flexible if people are cycling there. Will think about a route, but bound to be a couple of cheeky hills, one I can think of in Wooburn and a ride through (and maybe stopping in) Burnham Beeches.

Will think about a route and put it up. (Sig, if you are coming and making cake, then that will be factored!)

Any takers?

Norm

I could be a taker... although I work in Wooburn Green and there's at least one hill there that I'd consider a little more than cheeky. ;)

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

is that an issue? I wont be heading down that way, so can do my one anyway....

I think they are enough away for there to be a choice?

edit should i withdraw this idea?

Norm

davidg said:
edit should i withdraw this idea?
Are you:
1) Looking to get as many people as possible and likely to sulk for ever if you don't have at least 50 riders; or
2) Looking for a pleasant meander and will be happy if 2 others turn up?

If the former, try to avoid clashes, if the latter, then go for it. :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I would do this however Flying Dodo of this parish has organised a ride in Kent for the same day and have commited myself to that.

OP
OP
davidg

davidg

I am going to have to delay this one unfortunately. I have not been on my bike for 4 weeks and am not doing the tri tomorrow either. I have a patellofemural tracking issue with my knee and physio is still not letting me back on the bike. seeing him on Tuesday, but even if I am back on I wont be able to go from nothing to 50-60 without a high risk of a recurrence of the problem....

I am meant to be doing Fred Whitton at the end of August!

I will pick out a day in September and hopefully there wont be a clash this time.

sorry folk(s)!

Top Bottom