Wet...Wet....Very Wet!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

Wow fine this morning, so i thought i wouldn't bother with my waterproof trousers, but leaving work dinner time it was bouncing of the road lol, my trousers got soaked withing the first 100 yards!!
Glad i had my altura evo jacket though!!
my motto is "once your wet, you cant get any wetter" and "you only get wet once lol"
in a funny kind of way though, there was something about cycling in the rain that i like

..I thought you were going to say you'd started a Marti Pellow tribute band!

david1701

shorts and short sleeved jersey in the rain - was really nice actually, about to head home in same. (am I a real cyclist now?)

Only issue is my shoes aren't dry yet and they're the only ones I have so been barefoot all day...

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

i dont mind getting soaked when i'm on the way home, i can change when i get home, not possible to really change at work.
love cycling, especially in the morning when its quiet, and i listen to nature on the way into work :biggrin:

her_welshness

i dont mind getting soaked when i'm on the way home, i can change when i get home, not possible to really change at work.
love cycling, especially in the morning when its quiet, and i listen to nature on the way into work :biggrin:

Would love to know your commute photography27, I come from Swansea west originally so am very curious!

Cycling in the rain on the way home I see as fun and refreshing!

ohnovino

Large Member
I'm yet to get wet once since New Year. The only days I haven't cycled to work have been when we had the snow at the start of the year, and once when I had a mechanical issue. So far, the rain clouds seem to part as soon as I get ready to ride.

Of course, I've tempted fate now. Apologies in advance for the record breaking rain that'll come on Monday morning.

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

Would love to know your commute photography27, I come from Swansea west originally so am very curious!

Cycling in the rain on the way home I see as fun and refreshing!

carmarthen rd near marquiss pub to clydach, its only 6.1 miles, but there are some good steep hills in there!!

her_welshness

carmarthen rd near marquiss pub to clydach, its only 6.1 miles, but there are some good steep hills in there!!

OOh my family live on the Carmarthen Road (behind the Tescos), I used to live next to the Joiners Arms on Ystrad Road (hark at us using pubs for navigation!) but there are some major roads between there and Clydach, I'm really curious as to what route you do! I agree about the hills.

OP
OP
photography27

photography27

OOh my family live on the Carmarthen Road (behind the Tescos), I used to live next to the Joiners Arms on Ystrad Road (hark at us using pubs for navigation!) but there are some major roads between there and Clydach, I'm really curious as to what route you do! I agree about the hills.

i'm off down tesco's 2moro, i'll give them a shout lol.
as my commute to work i use the old roads, down pentregethin rd, across top of mansleton, down to cwmlevel, up the old neath rd, through morriston centre, then up clydach road to my works, same on the way back but reverse lol,
i dont trust the dual carriage way from the liberty stadium to clydach, the cars and lorrys fly down there.
where are you living now?
are you doing any big rides this year?
i'm doing the beach to beach bike ride for Asthma in may

Bman

Guru
Home and dry. Just missed the incoming rain. Phew

I think the wet count is one so far this year and Ive only missed about 8 commutes on the bike so far (travelling into london so bike not really an option). The damp commutes dont count :smile:

BSRU

A Human Being
It was very heavy when I went home but it's Friday and nothing can spoil that feeling, didn't even bother with overtrousers it was too warm, I even extended the commute by an extra few miles/kilometres.

her_welshness

i'm off down tesco's 2moro, i'll give them a shout lol.
as my commute to work i use the old roads, down pentregethin rd, across top of mansleton, down to cwmlevel, up the old neath rd, through morriston centre, then up clydach road to my works, same on the way back but reverse lol,
i dont trust the dual carriage way from the liberty stadium to clydach, the cars and lorrys fly down there.
where are you living now?
are you doing any big rides this year?
i'm doing the beach to beach bike ride for Asthma in may

That is a hilly route, lots of up and downs! My Dad has a paint shop on Neath Road. No I would not trust that dual carriageway, too too busy. Have you tried the Sustrans route that goes past the Liberty Stadium? I've taken my Dad down there for a pootle as its nice and flat.

As for rides, I have not heard of that Asthma one? I would quite like to do the Cardiff to Swansea FNRttC in September, 60 hilly rides!

Top Bottom